Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Swim Paltform

I have a 2003 2700 SCR and I am considering having a larger aftermarket swim platform installed. I am located on the east coast. Does anyone know of a manufacture in this area that makes them.

Penns Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Lt. JG

Sorry about the misspelling of Platform

Penns Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

I've never looked into them since my 2400 SC3 has a fairly generous, if not fairly attractive, factory platform but I have seen this place advertizing in a bunch of mags: http://www.swimplatforms.com/

Evidently they do make one for your boat. Hope you find something PB.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

I purchased one from the www.swimplatforms.com folks (located in AZ I believe) myself four seasons ago. Couldn't be happier with it, like adding a deck to your house it was! My 2001 model year 2900 SCR now has 47" to stand on, barbecue off of, swim.... enough room to add two large folding chairs (w/a small table in-between to hold drinks!) and still be comfortable. My dad and I installed it in about 10 hours total. I think it looks great and was fairly easy to put on. Shipping of the unit was a little expensive for sure (AZ to Washington State) as it couldn't be shipped standard UPS or FedEx, etc... I also had to pay for the box to have it shipped, then to dump wooden box at the landfill, etc... But all in all it was still worth it. Now I can't imagine how anyone can get by with the little wimpy 18" platform my boat came with (at the risk of sounding snobby!)

If memory serves me correctly it was about $2,100 total (the crate, shipping, hardware, etc...) but well worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
EndlessSummerplatformcratepix#3;7-16-07.jpg   EndlessSummerplatforminstallpix#1;7-20-07.jpg   EndlessSummerplatforminstallpix#2;7-20-07.jpg   EndlessSummerplatforminstallpix#3;7-20-07.jpg   EndlessSummerplatforminstallpix#4;7-20-07.jpg  

Old 06-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
Lieutenant

I just ordered one this week from swimplatforms.com for my 3200SCR. $2495. + shipping crate ($125) + shipping to Atlanta ($292). Swimplatforms is willing to color match as well, using Behr Paint Swatches from Home Depot. 30 day total turnaround, so I expect to see mine mid July. We like the idea for so many reasons..safety (being further from the props) being the main one. I'll post some pics of the install.

Jeff, I'd love to chat with you a bit about your experience with the install...if you're up for it, I'll pass on my number.
SummerBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
Admiral

Need to see pic's on this one guys..............I have a 2001 3000 SCR and would love to do something like this.

That is the only thing that I would change about the 3000 SCR's is a bigger swim platform. I have my magma grill mounted between storage doors in back and I have to watch my step went grilling because of the short platform.

Jeff that would be cool to see how installation went. Our boats being somewhat the same.

Thanks

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

Call me if you want to know more, guys... as it was pretty straight-forward; 509-991-4500.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
Commander

Interested here as well.
Do they provide some type of access to be able to "see" your outdrive?
I take comfort in checking it's position, despite what a gauge says.
oldno7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
Commander

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]Roger
I also have a hard time getting around my grill on the existing platform.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

Mine has the oval "plate" in the middle of it which I suppose you could peer through the holes to see underneath. It's more designed to let water through I believe as the darned thing is 47" by 9+ feet wide! There's not a lot of light due to the shadow it casts, but you can easily see the outdrive. What POSITION the outdrive is in I think would require you to hang over the outside of the platform and look underneath.

OldNo7?---the date on that picture says "Powell 1-21". Can you boat in January where you are? I'm jealous!!

Attached is the only picture I could find on my computer of the platform showing the drain plate/hole(s). Pay no attention to the destroyed shore power cord in the picture... some idiot took off from the slip last year with it attached to my boat still, and the Bravo III props had their way with it. Wish I could find that guy.. oh, it was me!

When I get back to the marina this weekend I'll snap another shot of the platform and upload it here.
Attached Thumbnails
ShorePwr.Cordonswimplatform;5-21-10.jpg  
Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #11
Admiral

jeff...where is liberty lake ???..can't find it on the map..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #12
Commander

Jeff
There are people who boat on Powell year around, but not many thru the coldest months.
We started in March this year. The pic is the numbering system that adobe uses when I re-size, no reference to date.
We left our full enclosure on this year until after Memorial but it was an unseasonally cold and wet spring.

I gotta get me a platform
Old 06-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
Lt. Commander

SP;
My wife says I'm a snob when I call it "Liberty POND", as it's more of a pond than a lake (25 feet deep, can't see through it more than 2 feet and it's only a mile long or so). Liberty Lake is located between Spokane and Coeur D' Alene, ID... right off of I-90 and the city incorporated about ten years ago. Odd thing is, the lake ITSELF isn't located in the city limits... just the neighborhoods NORTH of Liberty Pond (I mean Lake) where I live are the actual city of "Liberty Lake". We moor our boat on Coeur D' Alene Lake (Idaho) though...
Old 07-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #14
Lt. Commander

Here's a picture I finally remembered to take of my extended swim platform on Endless Summer, sitting in our marina.
Attached Thumbnails
SwimPlatform@CarlinBay;7-10-11.jpg  
Old 07-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #15

Holy crap that thing is big!! You could ball room dance on it!! Niiiice!!

Great install!!!

Bella Sera 3300SCR
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #16
Commander

Looks great!

How wide is it?

looks to be 36-40"
Old 07-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
Admiral

Wow, it's like a patio. And, those are some seriously large and impressive cup holders!

Well done Jeff.

Dan
Old 07-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd View Post
Wow, it's like a patio. And, those are some seriously large and impressive cup holders!
This nice part is, you only need 2.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
Lt. Commander

You guys are too funny... 47" deep forward to aft, OldNo7. And the width port to starboard is full-beam (9'10"), except where it tapers to be more narrow as you can see from the picture. The original swimstep was only 18" or so deep, this thing just mounted right on top so I suppose the "improvement" netted me only about another 39". It IS like a patio on your boat, and surprisingly the back "edge" doesn't drag in the water when you get on plane. The extra 120 lbs so far back on the boat certainly doesn't help in the weight-distribution factor for getting on plane, but we do that so rarely (get on plane anymore) that it's no big deal.

Bar-B-Queing off the back, boarding from the dock (especially for kids) and swimming off the back when at anchor is so much easier compared to the factory swimstep. This will be the fifth season I've had it and I can't imagine owning a boat of ANY size without one in the future.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #20
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
This nice part is, you only need 2.

Um, only need two of which?