Old 06-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Shore Water Supply

Has anyone added a shore water supply valve to their cruiser. My '98 SCR3200 does not come stock with a shore water supply valve onboard. Seems we run through the majority of our 35 gal. onboard water tank supply while in port. Looks like it would make a lot of sense to install a water valve assembly to allow for a shore water hose...
Any ideas or previous experience with this would be helpful..

Thanks,
Jeff

SummerBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #2

There's nothing more that getting a pressure regulated inlet and then horor of horrors drilling a big hole in back stern transom wall. Buy a brand new hole saw and start slow. connection is on the Cold water line.

Good Luck.

Bella Sera 3300SCR

Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #3

I have one and won't use it. I've had many water line connectors rupture. I think at one point the PO didn't properly winterize the fresh water system. When one goes, the pump detects the decrease pressure and starts pumping until the water tank is empty. With shore water, you hope the bilge pump can keep up with the garden hose because it will keep filling until someone turns it off. This requires me to remember to turn it off before I leave. I'd would install a high water alarm in the bilges if I were to consider using one and be sure to shut off the water at the spigot and the onboard valve before you leave the boat.

To each his own, doesn't mean you shouldn't. This is just another persons opinion.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Do either one of you actually have a pic of where you put the inlet?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze View Post
Do either one of you actually have a pic of where you put the inlet?
This is the stock loacation of the 3300SCR, just below the stailess panic handle under the b in bella
it tees into the transom shower line, but anywhere will do. Just remember to turn the pump off or it wil continue to pump even though your are on city pressure. I like hooking up to city water because there is no pulsing of the pressure just smooth constant pressure.

Bella Sera 3300SCR

Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
Lieutenant

Ok...I think I'll do the same idea, but on the other side, as my water heater and fresh water supply are all located on the starboard side. I'm guessing you have a genset, which is probably on the starboard side and that some of your major water connections are port.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #7

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze View Post
Ok...I think I'll do the same idea, but on the other side, as my water heater and fresh water supply are all located on the starboard side. I'm guessing you have a genset, which is probably on the starboard side and that some of your major water connections are port.
Yeeee-up on both.

Bella Sera 3300SCR
Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
Lieutenant

My two cents. Did it to an 28 Carver. Go slow use masking tape on the place you are going to make the hole.
but get inside to make sure there is a good area to enter to boat. use a simple T to connect to any cold water line and always turn off the shore side when leaving it will be worth the money and unlimited water at the dock[ATTACH][/ATTACH][ATTACH][/ATTACH]

William Ferrell is offline   Reply With Quote