Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Picking the brain of the Bella's 4th (out of 4) tv project

Ok, so I gotta ask. I'm dying to put a tv in the cockpit on the arch that can easily go up and down. We spend a lot of time on the dock in our marina with neighbors and friends and I'd love this.

I have spent hours looking and thinking but after seeing the other Bella's other projects I'm convinced that nobody could do it better.

Have you developed a plan or any ideas?

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #2

Lightbulb Thinking WAAAAY out of the Box........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleshep View Post
I have spent hours looking and thinking but after seeing the other Bella's other projects I'm convinced that nobody could do it better.

Have you developed a plan or any ideas?
Hey tackleshep,

That is perhaps one of the nicest things anybody has ever said to me. Thank you for your vote of confidence.

It is strange that you mention this because last night I went down to the boat for a jet ski ride and I was sitting there after in the cockpit enjoying an ice cold barley pop trying to think out of the box and come up with something truly functional. I was staring and thinking while looking at the port side radar wing like a mental patient for several minutes and I kept drawing a blank as to how I could maxumize (there’s that word again!) the viewing and seating area so as to get the best of both worlds.

Then as I was throwing my head back taking a long pull off my beer and I looked up and saw this and BAM! it came to me! Mount it on a trapeze bracket (a rectangle) from the speaker tower bar that can swing down and pivot either right or left! When you want to stow it, swing it up towards the stern and lock in place. And Yep, you can bet the bracket will be solid 316 stainless steel, I love that stuff. Sorry to disappoint you tackleshep but I did a 180’ on you here and am going with a completely different location. The size of the TV is still unknown yet.

Stay tuned!

Bella Sera 3300SCR

Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

you have my attention. While I don't have the speaker bar on mine (speakers on the side of the arch) the top of that radar arch does have good support system and easy access to wiring. Keep that shopping list handy!!!
tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #4

When I put in the Speaker Bar bracket, I inlcuded a very sturdy bracing support SS stringer system that ties the top the radar wing into the bottom where the bracket is bolted. Othrwise the glass is only a very thin 1/8" thick and would have never supported the speaker bar (much less the added stress of a TV too) with out cracking. Just so you know.

Bella Sera 3300SCR
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote