Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Flexible Water Tank In 98 2300 SCR

So last summer (my first with the boat) there was a horrible smell coming form inside the hull. Come to find out...the previous owner had left untreated water in the tank...and used electrical tape to secure the water hoses to the pump. As you can imagine, the water escaped when the pumped was turned on and led to some fun growth under the cuddy. So...considering the growth inside the tank I cut the thing up and removed it. Cutting it up was the only way to remove it.

So now I'm looking to replace it, and due to the installation of the original tank likely happening before the the cabin was on top of the boat...there is no way a similar tank will be able to be placed into the original spot. So...I'm looking at flexible tanks. I was wondering if anyone had some experience with their installation and any tips to securing the tank to the boat. Any pictures of your set-up would be great as well.

Thanks.

Eyebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Admiral

I know a flexable tank is common in sailboats due to restricted space. I don't see a reason why it won't work for you.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote