Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID
Default Fishing Rod holder mounted in the engine compartment

We've never fished any from Endless Summer, but last Christmas we bought fishing rods for our boys (age 5 and 6), so I guess our cruising days this season will now also include some Angling! I had originally planned on storing these new fishing poles in a three "tube" rack, mounted up under the radar arch, with the poles "hugging" the underside of the bimini top, but the Admiral put the kibosh on that "gawdy thing" being mounted there. So I hid it under the floor of the salon, mounted just under the entrance point as you walk into the salon from the swim platform. The poles won't be as easy to put away where they'll be stored now compared to under the radar arch, but they're COMPLETELY out of site which is cool (and more importantly the Admiral is happy!) The poles will now be stored from port to starboard (across the beam). The rack itself was only $14.95 @ Cabelas (in Post Falls, ID) but they don't show it on their website, so I found the exact same thing on eBay; http://cgi.ebay.com/AFI-Fishing-Rod-...item5d2dfdf8c0.

The pictures I took were from a squatting position INSIDE the engine compartment, starboard side, shooting to port and slightly aft (looking up). This rack is so hidden that it was difficult to take a picture of it! There's only one pole being stored in the photo, I took the longest one we had to see if it would fit. Other than having to twist and torque my body in the engine compartment to drill holes to mount this thing, it was a fairly easy project compared to others I'm doing this Spring.
Attached Thumbnails
RodHolderpic#1;4-9-11.jpg   RodHolderpic#2;4-9-11.jpg