Old 03-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Dash cover for1997 2300 SR

I am looking for a new dash console. My 1997 2300 had that fake wood finish and it is done and all faded away. I hate to take it apart and try to paint it and wondered if anyone had a source for these that I can just replace mine with a new fiberglass one.

CdA Maxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
Admiral

Found these people at the St Louis Boat show............MarineMarks.com...........636-537-0697......email address marks@marinemarks.com..........They make custom and factory replacement dash panels.

Hope this helps

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #3

Lightbulb if ya can't beat em' join em'

Hey Cda Maxum,

if you can't find a knock off of the panel, a great alternative (and more durable and UV resistant) to wet painting is sandblasting then powder coating the original alloy panel. Your local powder coater should be able to handle the entire process and give you back your original panel finished perfect (that you know fits perfect too) in a jiffy. The cool thing about pulling out the Faria gauges is that they usually just unplug with quick disconnects.
Something to consider anyway.

Good Luck with your project and enjoy that beautiful CdA lake!

Bella Sera 3300SCR
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #4

Bella, that is a great idea. I've been toying around with ideas of what to do with my panels with the same problem. I discounted having new panels fabricated under the assumption that it would be pricey. Did you do this to yours? If so, do recall the price (round-about)?

What color did you choose? My accent colors are green, but I'm afraid an all green dash might be a bit much and I would think black gets hot. Any thoughts?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #5

Moved topic to Projects.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 PM   #6

Lightbulb Somewhere over the rainbow of colors...

Hey Shrew,

Thanks for liking my recommendation. I love powder coating (we use it extensively on products made by my company) the only drawback is the part must be made of some type of metal capable of withstanding 400' F.

Bella's panels are still stock and looking new. Color is of course up to you, but I would think that a hunter / Maxum green dash would be kind of cool and custom looking if you did the entire set of helm panels at once. Another thing to consider is that they have all kinds of special effects colors (or multicolor, clear, metalics) for ex. Hammer tone copper or silver, with black would go cool with green. I would search on the net if you have to. Since the panels are so light, freight wouldn’t be an issue if you had to send them a few states away.

Check this joint out, they have a bazillion different colors and effects: http://www.armortechpowdercoating.co...rcoating.shtml

Hope it helps.

Bella Sera 3300SCR
Old 04-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #7

Hey Gang,
While I was down in Fl. on biz, I wandered thru a West Marine Store that that was have in a moving sale (sounds like an expensive story) Anyhoo.... while I was walking the isles I glanced upon something that would help in the rehabbing of older Maxums switch panels. After sandblasting and powder coating the panel you have no nomenclature or switch labeling left. I saw an answer (short of trying to have them re-engraved) West Marine offers switch labels that are very nice and look durable.

Just another idea.

Bella Sera 3300SCR