Old 11-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #11
Lt. JG

Hi Marcucho - This looks similar,but not quite the same. (It does look like your drain hose needs to be shortened to remove the kink.) You should also be able to access this duct by removing the "floor" of the locker where the shore power breaker panel is located. Doing this will allow you build your T assembly and then connect it via a simple union/coupler.

Yes, getting the duct reattached to the existing aft bunk vent took patience (I'm a 6' 280# guy). What helped me was using duct zip ties rather than the usual dryer vent clamps (metal bands with tightening screws).

Old 11-08-2017, 03:57 PM   #12
Lt. JG

IMPORTANT: You need to make sure to use wiring/cabling support when you put the electrical wiring up to the switch. These are the little plastic wire holders that have a screw to secure the wire to the walls. I made sure to add a horizontal bend in the wiring run to relieve downward pulling created by hitting wakes and boating in general. As mentioned, while this install is very basic and straight-forward, it does take time and can be tedious due to the small working space. You will want to do this install once and done, so using cabling supports will really help keep you from troubleshooting and remediation get later!