Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Canvas for 1998 Maxum 2800 SCR

Hi, I just joined this forum and I am sure that this would help me alot with our boat we have here. My husband and I just took down our boat for a long overdue clean up. The last time the boat was out on the bay was 2002. We have some projects to do on it. First of all, we need to replace our back canvas and plan to get a new flat canvas instead of replacing the back. We still have the bimini top and we plan to replace that later. The estimate we recently received from Shoreline for a new canvas is $1500. Is that reasonable? Is there a better recommendation?
Thanks!

joposkiboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
Lieutenant

For help with replacement canvas contact Leta's. They have original Maxum patterns.
Leta's Top Shop
Phone - (360) 435-3067
Fax - (360) 435-1713
Email - info@letastopshop.com

brian0128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
Ensign

Got it!
joposkiboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #4
CGG
Lt. Commander

I spoke with Leta this week and she is 6 weeks out on orders.
CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #5

It cost me $1500 4 years ago to replace the rear canvas on my 1997 2900. The added a 2 foot extension behind the radar arch. This allowed the new isinglass to hang vertical. the original design was sort of a 'fast back' style which went at an angle from the radar arch tothe back rail. It wouldn't allow people to sit on the rear bench while the isinglass was up. The original isinglass was one large piece. My new one has zippers on the corners so I can remove the back wihout removing the sides. (again this all all AFT of the arch). We also had a door put in so we could roll up the door without taking any canvas down.

Cost is going to be dictated by the brand of canvas and isinglass used. Also, the thicker the isinglass the more money.

I'm in the process of having the bimini and all the isinglass forward of the radar arch replaced as we speak. That is running me about $2500. Either go to Leta's or call an reputable canvas person in your area. Having a canvas person come out is the common method. I have heard wonderful things about Leta's as well.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote