Old 09-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Bow Filler Board Template

Hi all, Purchased a 2005 2100 SD in great shape and love the boat. One thing that was missing was the bow filler board and cushion. I know a good shop that will make the cushion but need a template for the supporting board itself. I can measure it out if needed but thought someone on here might have already made one and has a template. Any help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

taylordavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Admiral

Dave..... first welcome, great to have you here....... my experience with filler pads is to measure your boat for the exact fit. I am sure someone will chime in but I would measure your boat for the your pad. For what it is worth they are very easy to make. Find your cloth, get your foam cut out your wood base use SS staples and put it together.

Good luck

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi Roger, Thank you very much. That was my plan but I just thought I'd ask here in case someone already made a template or knew where one was. I was thinking of using 1/2" pressure treated plywood for the board. Do you think that's ok or should I use 3/4"?
Dave
Old 09-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
Admiral

Dave I would think 1/2 inch would be good. You might think of making wooden ribs for the bottom of your bow pad that run side to side. Maybe around 3 or 4 at different lengths that lock the pad in. Just ideas...

Good luck

Roger
Old 09-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #5
Lieutenant

David, I have an 04 2100sd. I assume you are talking about the boards and pads that fit between the seats in the open bow that allow the seats to become a solid "lounge" pad.

Mine are at least 3/4 thick and made of a plastic or composite. Very dense - read "heavy"- even as heavy as they are, they still bounce in much of a wave at speed. For that reason, I would keep them heavy... The right bounce in the right wind and you might have a pad and boards bouncing off your face :-). My pad also snap down. In the front, it snaps forward of the little cooler box and in the back it snaps to the bottom if the filler board.
My board is 2 pieces.

I could take pictures and trace them for you if I were home as they are in my garage...but I am out of town for a month or so....missing boat season.....

FWIW, I don't use this pad often because I usually have more people in the boat. If it is just the wife and me, it always goes.....:-)

I hope that helps, and if you can wait a month, I can send you a traced template......where are you? My home is in the Seattle area. Right now,though, I am in northern michigan, with Lake Huron out the hotel window and me with no boat and lots of work to do.......:-(

Rocky
Sled600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:46 AM   #6
Ensign

Hi Rocky,
Thank you very much. I'll be going out to the boat later this week to take a look at making one.
If I have trouble I'll let you guys know. I'll use 3/4 inch pressure treated plywood.
Thanks
Dave
Old 03-02-2022, 03:24 PM   #7
Ensign

Hi folks, new here to this thread and group chat. I have a 2001 2100SD Maxum and in need of a rear left seat cushion as mine hopped out of our boat. Any suggestions and or advice on how to get one made and or replaced? Thanks!
offnupout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #8
Admiral

Welcome aboard....very easy question....

Your best bet is to find a canvas or even an upholstery shop to make your cushion.

Since maxum is no longer in business you won't find it there.

Good luck

Roger