Old 08-02-2019, 04:33 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 92 maxum 1900sx revive

This is my first boat with an inboard engine! so let me tell you my story.For the past year i have been wanting to get a boat that would be a fun project to work on and get ready to be out on the water. ive stopped and looked at many on the side of the road for sale and kept wishing but thats all i could do. I was driving by and saw this boat that was just filthy and covered in grime and years of neglect. In big black spray painted letters it said on the side FREE. Though i figured it was gonna be a PoS someone just abandoned with a flat tire on the trailer i decided to stop and look at it since it was there just to kill a bit of time.

I got out of the car and started walking around it and noticed the hull was in pretty decent shape minus needing a serious bath. the interior looked complete but in disarray, and having no idea there was a hood release i gave the hood a good tug and it came free revealing a complete v6 motor and outdrive.

Though it is my first boat and i knew it would require alot of work to get ready to be on the water i drove home as fast as i could and got my truck to drag it home as quicly as i could before someone else snagged it up. I brought the boat home and the research began.

Using the HIN and google i was able to figure out the boat is a maxum 1900sx cuddy from 92. I thought how perfect im only 2 years older than my boat

Knowing what kind of boat i had now i started to clean it and get rid of the beehives/nests that were in the cuddy cabin and got it all cleaned up. I was amazed at how good of condition it was in under all the dirt and nasty from sitting for ages. I popped the ignition and tried to get the motor to crank but no dice yet just got a loud buzzing from the console. But a breaker bar was able to turn the motor a couple of rotations with no snags or grinding so im now looking at the cut wires to find whats disconnected that is causing the issue. I will be keeping this thread updated with my work as I go along.

for now heres some pics

seaquake is offline   Reply With Quote