Old 06-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 2004 maxum 3100 se - tv and microwave

I'm trying to upgrade our TV and microwave but we cannot figure out how to get the old ones out of the galley cupboard. Anyone have a suggestion?

Charlene Brown Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #2

It's installed in such a way as to not end up on the cabin sole ini rough seas. Are you able to get to the underside? I'd expect it to be bolted in from below.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene Brown Hall View Post
I'm trying to upgrade our TV and microwave but we cannot figure out how to get the old ones out of the galley cupboard. Anyone have a suggestion?
The fridge is built in just below the microwave and the microwave is below the tv ugh!
Old 06-04-2014, 02:13 AM   #4
Ensign

The fridge is built in just below the microwave and the microwave is below the tv ugh!
Old 09-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
Ensign

Default Maxum 3100 se -Trying to replace microwave on a 2006

I am trying to replace the microwave on our 2006 Maxum 3100 SE and I am wandering if you figured out how to open up the cabinet for your upgrade. We can't seem to find all the places where it is fastened. Any information you can share would be helpful! Thank you!
Clowmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:59 AM   #6
Ensign

On my 2700se I had to loosen 2 bolts in the cabinet side next to the MW that were acting as a clamp pushing on the side of the MW. Then ended up prying up on the MW base to be able to clear the little plastic feet on the bottom of the MW that were sitting in countersunk holes in the cabinet base. It was a PITA but finally came out well after I broke them off. Now I am in search of a MW that will fit in the opening and having no luck at all.
Piratefins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:41 AM   #7
Ensign

Piratefins has it right - in our 2006 3100 se we got our old MW out by pulling out a board fastened in from above the MW that was holding it in with adhesive and compression. Then it just slid out the front of the cabinet. Next problem was finding a new MW to fit. No luck getting one short enough to put back through the opening and the old MW company doesn't exist anymore. But we did find a MW that would work if we got the cabinet face opened up to get the MW inside. It was even more of a PITA to open the cabinet, but we got it done. It involved finding all of the brackets and screws holding it together, which led us to opening up the vinyl covered board at the top of the cabinet and pulling out the fridge to get at the brackets hidden underneath and behind the cabinet face. Happy to report that the new MW is installed and we did not have to cut the opening, so it still looks nice.

Clowmiller is offline   Reply With Quote