Old 06-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default 1800sr3 Full Canvas Cover Pack - Sunbrella

These photos were taken a few years ago but as I have never seen another boat with this full canvas cover pack i though I'd upload in case someone is looking for a similar setup or wants a new project.
These are great when we go for an evening out to a pub and will be coming back in the dark when it also gets colder. Saves anyone getting splashed if the sea gets choppy too!!

As you will see from the photos there are some side panels and an additional piece of metalwork then the canvas just zips onto the existing bimini & poppers onto the storage cover press studs.

leeADAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Old 06-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
Admiral

Lee
thanks for posting that....we've had several people asking about this set up...although difficult to see thru the windscreen with that slant type panel....I'd exchange or modify that one to clear eisenglass...gives you some better visibility...

nice job..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
Lieutenant

The slant type panel which i think you are referring to at the front is the sun canopy/bimini. if i made that clear I would fry in the summer months!!
Seeing through the clear glass windscreen when sitting down is the same as normal with that alone on.....
If and when you need to see higher the section above the helm has a zipped section which allows me to unzip and fold back over to drive with my head out. Like a sunroof!! I open this to drive at night anyway to see properly. The people we take out stay warm and dry and i get the odd splash but can see happily into the night!!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Admiral

well..sounds like it's working then....glad it all works...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Me and the Mrs love that!! is this setup available to buy or was it custom made? That could really transform the use on our bowrider!
Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
Lieutenant

The covers and extra framework came with the boat when I purchased it back in 2005. It was less than a year old and the previous owner had it as his "Show Boat" as he sold them at the marina. I have checked the paperwork from when the boat was ordered new and it isn't listed. Only the convertable top is shown. It has listed a premium pack but I think thats just the pop up cleats and the steering wheel upgrade. I presume it was a factory option as it is exactly the same sunbrella material and labels and framework as the convertable section.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Maybe someone state side may be able to help here a bit then. is a covertable top available for a maxum 1750? The convertible top WITH the side windows that unclip is the part we would really like, but if it all came as a kit wee would have it all.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #9

Any canvas person can make one custom. Leta's might have a template if you call and ask for one. These are practically standard equipment on cruisers. Full camper backs on bow riders not as common, but any canvas person can work one up for you, for the right price.

Looks great!!!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

Ill contact the peeps that made the cover i have. On another note not related i see in the pic there is a tie point to hang a fender by the windscreen, mine are at oppisite ends of the boat which means i have to tie a fender to the grab handle inside the boat. The one on the bow is useless due to the curve of the boat if that makes sense?
Old 08-28-2017, 06:35 PM   #11
Ensign

Hi Lee,
I've just joined the forum and am on the hunt for exactly the same rear camper covers that you have. Through various US forums I've unearthed Letastopshop in Arlington Washington who bought the original factory patterns. Does anybody know if a UK based canvas fabricator has the patterns for what Lee has?
Very grateful for any leads.
JonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #12

6 year old thread. Call any local canvas shop. They can knock up whatever you need. I wouldn't worry about templates.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote