Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Community > The Dock Walk
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Admiral

Thumbs up this sat the 28th is my 60th b-day!!!

well....I have to crow a little bit here....next sat. the 28th is my 60th b-day which will qualify me as an ole fart!!.. ...with that said...my lovely wife has worked her butt off for the past month to do something she's been chomping at the bit to get at....
I have this room above my garage that we've called man central for the past 15 yrs....it started out as my photo studio where I did portraites of high school seniors, brides, families....etc...not trying to brag but I was fairly good...but nobody wants to pay you for what you are really worth......so..after about 15 yrs of trying to become a super duper photographer..the digital world came in and I just didn't want to invest another 12-15k in computer crap and digital cameras......sold all that stuff for give away prices...

well...back to my room...it became my music room, hobby room...rc helicopter room...guitar room......had the family big screen projector tv in there..which was a monster of a tv at 52"about 60" total width.....monster....
she actually took about 2 weekends to paint the room..hadn't been painted in 15 yrs.....she did the whole thing....painted the whole room by herself..even selected the carpets and had that replaced.....(part of the problem was the fact that I didn't help much in the painting was I dorked my back all up trying to move the big screen tv out of the room...had to have an mri done)...then she took me to the local costco and bought me a 47" flat panel digital fancy dancy tv which last weekend I hung on the wall....talk about a chore...if you do it every day it's not a big deal....but do it once in your life time and you end up with a wall that looks like the rats had a tunnelling session...thank god this thing hides all my holes....and talk about light!!!...omg...this thing is like 1/10 the weight of that big screen I just hauled out with 2 girls and 4 guys to lift that sucker out of the second floor.....
so...after getting the dish guys out to give me a new hd box...and finding out my old dvd player isn't compatable because the rca chords that go from the dvd player won't connect to the new digital tv...need a digital converter box that has the digital chord that will fit the tv....... if I went with a conversion from analog to digital ..it would cost me 100 bucks...so..got a new dvd player for 80 bucks.......with the new fancy chord that fits...
now I can watch the eagles concert in digital bliss......full up stereo!!surround sound....all the bells and whistles...

oh yeah.....then saturday she had one of those 2 seat movie couches with the cup holders and place to hide the 50 or so new remotes that came from all the new toys in my room.....delivered yesterday afternoon..

so....to my lovely wife...thank you for making my 60th b-day super dooper fancy dancy present awesome!!.....

I love you!!

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Commander

Happy Birthday you "ole fart"!!!! sounds like you have a Special Lady there!!! I'm 57...not too far off the "ole fart" status either. but, age is just a number, I feel 40 something on most days..30 something after a few beers..HAHAHAHAHA.

TOdd

9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Admiral

Happy B-day SP.....enjoy the day ....you have earned it.

Two years away from turning the page myself.....you will have to show us how it is done......with style:-)
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #4

Happy Belated Birthday SP!!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Admiral

belated????...when did I miss the 28th?????

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Happy pre-bithday Steve. 60 is a milestone and, as such, I believe you should by yourself your own birthday present.

A programable remote will resolve your remote control clutter. I have this one and love it: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remote...iversal-remote

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Admiral

haha...I did buy myself something for my 60th.....a new yanky hill m4 5.56 carbine.....
Click image for larger version

Name:	main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=42109&g2_serialNumber=2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1885

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
haha...I did buy myself something for my 60th.....a new yanky hill m4 5.56 carbine.....
Attachment 1885

SP

Name:  Elmer Fudd-1.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  2.8 KB

Is This You! LOL

Todd

9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote