Old 06-23-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
Admiral

Default Tell us about yourselves

well...thought I'd try and stimulate some conversation.....so...tell us about yourselves...don't give us anything personal like credit card numbers..(those can be sent to me via pm :mrgreen: )...anyway...where you live and boat...what you do for a living......how long you been boating..just some interesting information....kinda..get to know you stuff...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
me....married for 22yrs to the same wonderful woman....we met when we were both working at Mare Island Navshpyd in calif....I was designing submarines and she was working in Automated data processing...
I spent 17 yrs designing nuke submarines and now am working for boeing commercial aircraft corp...we moved up to the seattle are in 96 and have loved just about every second of it (cept for the last winter...bout froze my butt off )
I also spent 15 yrs as a professional photographer and have always loved the sea..which has nothing to do with submarines..
so..when we moved up to the pacnorwest in seattle..we got a 24 bayliner...have moved up thru a 2700 scr and now own a 340 bayliner......we love it up here and hope to continue boating until I can at least retire in 5 yrs....

SP..

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Default Re: Tell us about yourselves

Hi :hello:
We have been married for almost 28 yrs. We have 2 boys and 2 daughter in-laws and one 16 year old puppy. Since getting back into boating we are in our tenth year and still loving it. I think living up here and having that winter break gives you that can't wait till boating season starts feeling every spring so you don't get too overwhelmed with being able to boat all year round.
I run a maintainance shop for a local concrete company and my wife is a health records technician at our local hospital.
We boat on the waters of Nova Scotia. We trailer our boat so we have a choice of salt or fresh water. It is great having a movable cottage for the change of senery.
Our first boat was a 17 1/2 Bayliner bowrider, then a 1952 Bayliner cuddy cabin, then a 2355 Bayliner cruiser that we had for 6 seasons and was the right size for us and our type of trailer boating. Realizing this we decided to trade her in on a brand new Maxum 2500 SE. We got to order this boat with all the colors and things we wanted in a new boat. We are very happy with this boat and hope to have it for a lot of years.
Our son and his wife have just bought a new Bayliner cuddy cabin so the boating tradition will live on in our family.
Cheers
Paul & Kathy

Old 08-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Hi Guys,

My name is Brian and I am married to my HS school sweetheart, Georgette. We married at age 19 and are now 56. We have two sons, 30 and 33. The older one is married and we JUST became grandparents last December. My cousin and I now run the company that our fathers started in the late 50's. We are independant Aviation insurance adjusters and have offices around the USA. My dad, who passed away last year, was a naval aviator in WW II (the big one) and an avid sailor - had a 42' Erickson. He would be rolling over in his grave as we are scheduled to pick up our new 2008 Maxum 1900SR3 tomorrow as he (the avid sailor) always said....."any assh@@@ can push a throttle"... Nevertheless, we are very excited about getting back on the water. We had a 18' Caravelle when the kids were young and we lived in New Orleans. We are now back in Southern California (Moorpark) and will be running the boat in the ocean and local lakes. For many years I spent my weekends on the golf course but I had major back surgery a year or so or go (30 years of a sh**ty swing I guess) so I have been looking for something to do on the weekends - hence the boat. I have been looking over this website for a few weeks and have found it very helpful and informative. Kudos to, and thanks to, you guys for running it!!! I look forward to learning more as time goes by and HOPEFULLY will not need to use the site for mechanical issues with my new boat. As always, my timing is great....close the deal on a Maxum 2 days before Brunswick announces the end of Maxum production.....par for the course.....no wonder I did get a good deal tho. Take care guys and thanks again for the site,
Brian
New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Captain

hello to you all

my name is ed 47 years old, and my wife's name is inge 49 years young. we life in the netherlands. my job is driving the bus, and my wife is working at P&O in some sort of wellfare organisation.

i'am in to the boats since i was 18 years old and had a lot of boats. in 2008 we bought a 2008 1800 sr 3 and 2 weeks ago we traded it in for a brand new 2009 2400sc 3. as i can say we made a perfect deal. we got back the price we paid for the 1800 ( here the price is about a 30.000 euro = 43.700 dollar. but we bought it in july 2008 so we paid 21.000 euro = 30.600 dollar, still a lot of money when i see what the price in the usa is ) the price for the 2400 sc 3 with 5.0 ltr merc, ent.centre, upgraded stereo, toilet, camper canvas, etc is 63.000 euro = 91.800 dollar ( o boy ) but we paid 45.000 euro = 65.500 dollar ( oke still a lot of money comparing to the price in the usa ( about a 55.000 dollar = 37.800 euro) but our government ( queen and her family etc ) has to live also, we have to pay a lot of tax. ( ha ha )

and i must say.......the boat is a monster.....it's big, the speed is fast......i get butterflies in my stummick when i think or talk about the boat. so we are one happy family with our new boat. here in holland the season is almost over, about 4/5 weeks with a temp between 16 and 23 celcius, and then i store the boat on the trailer for the winter. and in march next year we let it swim again. so let the winter be over soon...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

that's all folks.......enjoy the boat you own and have fun.....

greatings from the netherlands
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
Admiral

Welcome to the zoo....

SP :hello:
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

From one 2400 SC3 owner to another welcome aboard Ed and Inge!

My wife and I purchased a used 2004 2400 SC3 and we love it. Great "do everything" boat.

Enjoy!

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
Commander

My first exposure to boating was as a youngster in my grandparents 17' Dixie tri-hull bowrider on Lake Champlain, VT. During my teen years I grew up on a private lake skiing and knee boarding. I left boats and water behind to get a job...wife ...etc when my brother in law sold me his old '81 Glassmaster bowrider about 6 years ago. All of the memories came rushing back and I was shocked at how much I missed being on the water! My wife and I quickly realized we wanted a new boat so we bought a new 1800SR-3 showroom model. Had a blast boating on Lake Anna in VA and on the Potomac (taking your boat into DC is a really cool).

2 years ago we moved to Tampa FL and we spend the weekends out on the Gulf in our lil' 1800. Our dream is to move into a small sport cruiser (24' Discovery) once our daughter gets out of college in 2 more years. We love the forward facing cabin windows in the Discovery model and the hard top. We are looking forward to weekend adventures up and down the Gulf coast of FL (Cedar Key...Fort Desoto...Fort Meyers...and even down to the Keys)

I'm an 'IT guy' for a national HMO having retired from being a professional rock musician when I turned 30 (no pension with that unfortunately!). My best friend is my wife, second best friend is my German Shepherd. I'm a hobbyist photographer, just got my first consumer level D-SLR late last year...still trying to convince my wife I HAVE to have a L lens (she's not taking the bait though)

I usually keep a low profile on my political orientation but in the current environment I find I'm getting more and more absorbed by the issue and involved. I believe in a small, financially conservative federal government, personal responsibility/accountability, strong military and American exceptionalism.

racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote