Old 09-11-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Admiral

Default Rolling Thunder

well....today has been crazy for me....got up this morning on the boat..this was the first weekend we've had since our crash.....we relaxed...talked with some friends of ours who also moved up to twin engine monsters.....had a nice dinner at the local restaurant....went to bed last nite and woke up to a gorgeously perfect morning...due to tides we decided to head back to our marina early....so..pumped out..got underway...dropped the boat at our marina and headed home.....
we both had a crazy nite trying to get used to sleeping on the boat again....but at least we didn't have to worry bout rocks.....

so...went home and grabbed a shower..unloaded the truck of our gear and went back to the boat to wash it and do some minor repairs ....before I went to the boat I stopped off at west marine to get a light for the radar arch...that boat cockpit is just too danged dark at nite.....so...after paying for it I heard this roaring going on behind me...turned and saw hundreds and hundreds of motorcyclists turning into either the back gate of the Naval station or into the parking lot of Anthony's restaruant....well..for some reason I had grabbed my seawolf hat and was wearing that ...so...I walked over to the street and rendered as smart a salute as I could muster since I hadn't done that in something like 40 yrs.....

Talk about amazing....everyone of the guys either gave me the thumbs up or saluted me back.....what an honor that was to witness this amazing event on 9/11....10 yrs later......

Please take the time to remember the fallen of 9/11 and thier families..

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
Admiral

Flag's been flying all day.............
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote