Old 08-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #61
Lt. JG

Marsha,

I am sorry, but I have benn "off-site" for some time, and am very saddened to learn of your (and our) loss. Though I never met the man, I know from his many contributions to this site, that Steve was among the most generous of men, possessed of a wickely good sense of humor, and a tremendous knowledge about boating. He will be missed terribly. He rightlfully left a wonderful legacy on this site...a true gift to those of us left behind.

Warmest condolences to you and your family, Marsha

Mike Standley
"Lanikai"

Mike S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #62
Commander

Harry A. "Steve" Stephens Obituary

Harry A. "Steve" Stephens II Steve Stephens passed away peacefully while battling Leukemia on Saturday, August 18, 2012. He was born on April 28, 1952 at Ramey Air Force Base in Puerto Rico to Harry and Celia Stephens. He is survived by his wife, Marsha Stephens of Everett, WA; and sister, Shirley Jennings of Dallas, Texas. Steve worked in the engineering department at Boeing since 1996, and was formerly employed by Newport News Shipbuilding and General Dynamics Electric Boat Company in Virginia, where he participated in the design of several boats including the Seawolf, a nuclear-powered fast attack submarine. He served in the Air Force from 1970 to 1976. Steve will be remembered for his great sense of humor, quick wit, and love of life. He enjoyed boating in Puget Sound with Marsha, raising beautiful Sheltie dogs, talking about airplanes and sports cars, target shooting, and playing guitar. Steve will be deeply missed by his loving wife and many close friends. Memorial service arrangements will be announced at a later date. Donations can be made to the Harry Stephens Benevolent Account (Account #3591358251, Routing #325081403) through the Boeing Employees Credit Union ( www.becu.org ).

Published in The Herald (Everett) from August*25 to August*31,*2012

rgreenwell8962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #63
Lieutenant

omg I haven't really ventured to this area of the forums before,
I am so sorry to hear about SP
he was always very helpful and a pleasure to talk to on here
My prayers go out to his family

- Joe
Old 06-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #64
Ensign

I have not been on site for a long time. Work and personal issues. Now I am sitting here crying. I am in shock. I could always count on reading with interest anything that Seapuppy wrote. When his boat hit the rock, he became a hero of mine for how he handled himself. His posts were always interesting and I always thought he would be a great person to know. I am so sorry to hear this. He was a comfort to me, although I never really knew him. I wish I had. So very sorry for his family and for all of us, Marlene
Madmarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #65
Commander

Madmarp,

I also feel the same, it's been a while bit to be honest everytime I login I think of him, from shrews fair winds and calm seas, to searching an old post, seapuppy is missed but is at rest now, I personally think its nice that people can appreciate someone they never met in person, I believe it is for this we have the web- without taking credit from anyone, seapuppy you are sadly missed may you have peace

Huddo

Huddo007 is offline   Reply With Quote