Old 01-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
Admiral

Default Guns- Warning..possible gun thread.

I was wondering who of you are gunners...I have been shooting since I was a wee kid....now I've gotten myself a decent arsenal..

here's a few of my latest purchases.....
top left is a taurus OSS 24/7 .45acp
top right is taurus 24/7 DSS Pro .40cal S/W
bottom is my carry weapon Millinium PT145bp concieled carry pistol

anyone else wanna share???

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
Lt. Commander

SP - I'll bite. My Dad and I bird hunted just north of us many-a-weekend (around Stanwood/Camano) and I still have my first shotgun he bought for my 14th birthday. I've been collecting for years but here are the more recent pieces.

The lower is my wife's Browning Buckmark .22, an early 80's S&W 586 .357 mag, and my carry gun - Springfield Armory XD-9.

My most recent range toy - GSG-5

How do you like your PT145bp? I have a Glock 27 that looks to be about the same class, but the short grip and I have never really meshed. The Taurus looks better balanced.

Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
Admiral

Talking

NICE!!!...really nice...your .357 looks alot like my Colt Python .357...

here's a few more...

l/r/t/b
astra constable .380..colt combat commander 45acp...Taurus OSS 24/7 45acp.....s/w Colt Python .357....Hi point 40cal.

Taurus pt145bp

S/W pt22a

and to answer your question about the 145BP is it's got great balance....it handles quite well..good grouping at the range...about 4 clips into me trying it out I was getting my grouping down quite well at 30-35 ft.....not bad at all..

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 01-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Very cool.

The Smith wheelie is relatively new to me, but I have to say I really enjoy shooting it. The previous owner had done some trigger work to it, and I've been told it's right at two pounds, with no creep. Think about shot placement, and that's where it goes. It's big enough that my five foot tall wife even enjoys shooting magnum loads out of it. Cleaning a wheelie takes a bit of time, but at least there's no breakdown procedure.

The Mossy 500 and a basic CMMG AR-15 - I'm still trying to figure out where I want to start the mods on the latter. An Eotech site may be interesting, but I recently saw a 50 beowulf upper receiver swap that could be an option.

....and a more "artsy" pic of the XD I dug up.

I've got a tricked out 10/22 I put together a decade ago, but have never snapped a pic. Bull barrel, Fajen stock, more trigger mods than I can remember and some cheap glass I picked up locally. A tack driver at 100 yards and a better shooter than I'll ever be.

Nice Cold Commander. A buddy of mine has an old Gold Cup I ask him to drag to the range once in a great while, but despite my pleading, he won't part with it. Ultra smooth shooter. I'm still contemplating adding a 1911 to the mix one of these days - Maybe a Springfield TRP or a Colt.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
Admiral

well..I'm a colt fan...about the most fun hand gun I own to shoot and have loved shooting my 2 colts....they are dead nuts accurate and like you said..easy to clean...my colt python has about the smoothest action I've ever seen...no work was done..I've let ruger owners shoot my colt and they usually go nuts about it....I'll have to take a few better pic's of my guns...mine are just basic pic's...
like the AR...that 50cal beowolf mod would be sweet...let me know if you do it...I'd love to shoot that thing for sure...

as for a 1911 ..just about any is good except for the Kimbers...they usually take some work to get them to fire right....definitely get a holt of a colt....especially if you can find an older colt 1911..mine was manufactured in 1976..so..it's a good run back then...

sp
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 01-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
Captain

what a difference with holland......even carring a nail siccor is not allowed here.....
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

That 50 beowulf in an interesting critter ballisticly, but feeding the thing would likely drive me into a progressive reloading setup, I'm sure. Not as if that's a bad thing, as I've been considering buying all the hardware for years now, but it's a significant chunk of change to get into it correctly. In any case, I'll let you know if I take the plunge. One can never have too many hobbies.

My buddy with the Gold Cup (a mid 70's Colt too) just picked up a really nice older Garand from the Civilian Marksmanship Program and we're just waiting for a reasonable break in the weather to head up to Plantation near Bellingham and sight it in. Nice range if you haven't been up there. I can hardly wait to hear the *Ping* of the empty clip ejecting.

Good info on the Kimber. I've heard that in the past too, relating to FTF and sometimes stovepiping. Odd.

Oh... anybody else have some toys to share?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #8
Lt. JG

Well let me jump in on this one. I have given up trolling the hunting boards as our waterfowl season has ended here and I'm ready for spring so I have been snooping around the Maxum forum for good reads.
I just recently purchased a Taurus 709 Slim for CCW and have to say I am very pleased with the gun. 100+ rounds through it and not one hiccup, conceals GREAT, very well balanced, and fully adjustable rear sights.
If you are looking for a new CCW I highly recommend taking a look at the 709 Slim for the money I don't think you will be dissapointed.

My most recent purchase before the 709 was a Smith&Wesson M&P .40 and I have to say for a medium frame semi it's an awesome guns as well.

Here's a pic of the 709.
Whiskey River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
Admiral

welcome to the zoo whiskey!!

I recently(a few months ago0 picked up the pt 145bp....very nice in .45acp...what cal. is your 709??...

I agree...you get alot of handgun for the money with a taurus...

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 02-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
Lt. JG

Thanks for the warm welcome! The 709 is a 9mm, 7 in the clip one in the pipe. I tell you another recent purchase that was WELL worth the money was a GunVault GV2000C-DLX. If you have kids and don't have a good secure but QUICKLY accessible place to store your handguns this is worth looking into.

http://www.gunvault.com/multi-multi-deluxe.html
Whiskey River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
Admiral

thanks..I'll check it out..I don't have kids..(unless you count 2 spoiled brat shelties)...but do need to secure something like 10 handguns...

SP

Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

« therapist | fishing »