Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Community > The Dock Walk
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
Admiral

Talking 28 days till christmas...what do you want santa to bring your boat??

at this point in time it's only 28 days till christmas.....so..what do you want Santa to bring ya and the boat???

tell us what santa should bring!

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Captain

i think santa is gonna bring me a new boat.....a'm still thinking about the size.....a 265, 285 or a 305, and then i'll think you all know which brand it will be......it wont be a maxum, because problems with the boat are still not solved yet. it's still standing at the dealer because of the motor problems.......the maxum dealer is only forgetting one thing, the bayliner dealer is only 1 mile from him away.......i allready looked there.....and my motto of live is........i do'nt want to die with all my money in my pocket........so if it takes to long......pick up the maxum and bring it to the bayliner and pick up my new bayliner.

greatz, ed

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
Lt. JG

A new engine, wakeboard tower, and VHF radio.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed & inge View Post
i think santa is gonna bring me a new boat.....a'm still thinking about the size.....a 265, 285 or a 305, and then i'll think you all know which brand it will be......it wont be a maxum, because problems with the boat are still not solved yet. it's still standing at the dealer because of the motor problems.......the maxum dealer is only forgetting one thing, the bayliner dealer is only 1 mile from him away.......i allready looked there.....and my motto of live is........i do'nt want to die with all my money in my pocket........so if it takes to long......pick up the maxum and bring it to the bayliner and pick up my new bayliner.

greatz, ed
The 305 is really nice. I just wish they could set it up with the serpentine seating like a handful of recent MAxum 3100's or the Bayliner 350.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Captain

yes that would be nice, the only thing that holds me from buying a 305 some years ago, that it's only available with 2 engines in the netherlands. and i want yust one motor in it so 265 or 285 will be the limit. but monday i was at the maxum dealer and it seems that the problems with a strange sound at the motor are gone, so i'm in the position of not nowing what to do because i love the model and the style of the 2400sc3....but then. so much troubles with the boat in yust one year makes me reluctant/shivering/spurious what will be the problems to come next year........

still 24 days (and nights) to think it over.......the biggest problem will be the boss, she still don't know whats going around in my head......maybe somebody can tip me how to handle with that problem, because if i tell her;.... honey i nead 50 K for an other boat.... i'll think i will meet you all in heaven......so advice needed within a short time

greatz, ed
Old 12-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #6

Ed, you could always take the "It's easier to ask for foregiveness than it is to ask for permission" approach, but that may require you buy a boat with 2 berths. Puts a new spin on the 'dog house' (Or as SP says "The Bat Cave") concept, doesn't it?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
Commander

All new top and Stratoglass. Hopefully they'll start on it next week. We are extending the rear bimini in order to have the back glass vertical. Anyone sitting in the back has their head jammed in the back vinyl. Going with navy blue instead of the linen color just to be different than most other Maxums. Also going with .040 Stratoglass on the front and .030 on the sides and rear.
dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
Lt. JG

For my chritmass on my side, I just put 2000$ on my boat, new toilet, new VHF (Cobra, DSC radio classD) new sound system, new antenna with the bracket, new GPS and big maintenance on the motor and put it in to sleep for the all winter. And I wait till after xmas to buy a new TV (20'') to put inside the boat ... and then ... waiting for the season ... Santa is good with me this year haha!! Did I say that I hate winter!!! no ..... so ........ I Hate winter it's finaly official!! LOL
Le Miss Tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:03 AM   #9
Captain

so........i finally made my decision....and traded my maxum in for an other ship......i say goodby to the world of fast boating and bought myself this........

http://www.standaard.be/Assets/Image...80.jpg.568.jpg

http://www.julienberthier.org/local/..._eau-27002.jpg

http://vimeo.com/4530080

first 2 links ar 2 pictures
the 3th link is a film impression of my new toy

so to all of you i'll say; thanks for many funny hours on this forum, but it is time to say goodby.......have a very, very good christmas days, a happy new year, good boating season and mayby we come to the states with our new boat......

after seeing the links, do you all think that become out of my mind and craizy...........but i like the idea what the guy did with his boat

greatz, ed
Old 12-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
Admiral

Ed...you are one sick dude!!!...that boater is one sick boat......crazy isn't quite the word...hahahahahahahahahahahaha..

hopefully your not really leaving us!!..haha

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
Ed...you are one sick dude!!!...that boater is one sick boat......crazy isn't quite the word...hahahahahahahahahahahaha..

hopefully your not really leaving us!!..haha

SP

you can call me everything you want,.........but leaving...............no way mister.............

greatz, ed..

(**** today more snow again, never has arrived so early....end of november........normaly sometimes a sunny day in november and than take her out for a ride on the water, but now the lakes are frozen, people are skating....)
Old 12-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #12
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Ed, you could always take the "It's easier to ask for foregiveness than it is to ask for permission" approach, but that may require you buy a boat with 2 berths. Puts a new spin on the 'dog house' (Or as SP says "The Bat Cave") concept, doesn't it?
so guys......yesterday was a nice day for me to talk about the plan for buying an other boat....so i took a deep breath and showed my "lovely" woman the pictures of the two boats i'll had in mind.........

sh.t, sh.t and one more time big sh.t again........i could not get a single word between the things she told me.........she has totally other plans with our money and showed me her plans..........a totally renovated bathroom....... with everything she wants and thinks she needs in it.......i can tell you.....i don't need that much of money for my wish, than she needs for hers.......25.000 dollar...and that for 2 times a shower and brushing my teath, a total of 10 minutes per day........

shrew....your option won't work.......and because its freezing and snowing here, and i don't want to sleep in the shed in the garden.....i'm not going in to a debate with her....

so i'll already know what santa is gonna bring my wife..........but i'm not sure what he will bring to me (i'll quess a lot of work in the bathroom)

although she has screwed up my dream, a'm still addicted to my woman..........my time will come ( i'll hope soon) ONE DAY...BATMAN WILL RETURN.......(and has to listen to her new wish, so that this story i just wrote down will start al over again and again........)

greatz, from a little depressed me......