Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Classifieds > Buy | Sell | Trade
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Trailer needed

Hello. New to the forum and To boating . Bought a 2002 2100Sd and need a trailer learning boat trailers are not easily obtained. Any advise suggestions or availability greatly appreciated

Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #2
Admiral

Bino welcome aboard! Go to the nearest marina and ask questions. If they don't sell them , hopefully they can steer you in the right direction. I don't know where you boat but if this were me this is what I would buy! A 8,000 lbs capacity, galvanized, dual axle with disc brakes trailer with led light and bunks. This is probably on the high end but IMHO worth it. Just Google boat trailer and vast wealth of info wI'll be at your eyes. I could write pages but you need to explore yourself. Also take a safe boating course too! Good luck!

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
Captain

What part of the country are you in? There's one on this site now in NC.
jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:31 PM   #4
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsick View Post
What part of the country are you in? There's one on this site now in NC.
I think you mean where in the world are you as we have members al” over the blue marble.

Oversees have different requirements for trailer brakes. If US there are different laws per state.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
Bino welcome aboard! Go to the nearest marina and ask questions. If they don't sell them , hopefully they can steer you in the right direction. I don't know where you boat but if this were me this is what I would buy! A 8,000 lbs capacity, galvanized, dual axle with disc brakes trailer with led light and bunks. This is probably on the high end but IMHO worth it. Just Google boat trailer and vast wealth of info wI'll be at your eyes. I could write pages but you need to explore yourself. Also take a safe boating course too! Good luck!

Roger
8000 lbs would be too stiff for a 2100sd and induce stress. I would think no more than a 5000 lb capacity trailer would do. What is the dry weight? ~3000 lbs?

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:50 AM   #6
Lt. Commander

Bino, welcome sir. The 2100 sd is a very cool boat IMO, congratulations. If memory serves they are a fairly heavy 21’ boat so I would recommend a trailer that has 2 X 3500LB axles with brakes on both (disk or drum) this requirement for brakes on both axles may or may not be there depending on where you are from but try and get it anyway for better safe stopping distance and I much prefer bunks than rollers myself. Also if I was buying a trailer alone I would shop around and try and go new as the cost is not much different than what people ask used.

(Off topic)- does your boat have that cool bow thruster some of them came with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000, 2100SR 5.7 Alpha 1 Gen 2
Overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #7
Ensign

Thanks Roger. I have checked and looks like custom is the only way to go. I appreciate your feed back.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #8
Ensign

Thanks everyone for the info and reply's. I am in SoCAl. So far we really like the boat and kids are having fun. First time boat owner. We have taken a boating coarse but still very raw and getting more comfortable with every outing.
The boat weighs in at about 4500lbs. it does look like going custom with the trailer maybe the only choice. It does not have the thruster although those do look cool and boy would they help in docking as my heart beats like crazy pulling in. . Thanks for all the info and I look forward to being able to contribute in the group.