Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Classifieds > Buy | Sell | Trade
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Available for sale, 1990 Maxum SCR-2700 (model 2755) bimini top canvas, and all sides

I'm having a complete new camper top built for my 1990 SCR-2700 (model 2755). So I will no longer need the following canvas:

Bimini top - a bit faded, some wear but in use now. Zippers may be missing some teeth here and there.
Zip on, snap on, windshield. In good shape considering it's age, isenglass is fairly clear and in good shape. Zippers may be missing some teeth and my need some new stitching here and there. Needs some stretching when cold to fit, but goes on when hot from the sun.

Two side panels, see windshield description above.

Rear half camper back. Same description as the rest.

Some discoloring on all white surfaces, probably can be cleaned up fairly well with some scrubbing. I didn't try to clean it up yet.

Of course, this may not fit every boat perfectly. I don't know the history of this canvas as I just purchased the boat. So I don't know if this is all factory parts, or if the bimini top was re-made at some point. One canvas guy told me that there is no way my bimini top is original, considering it's age and condition. Looking at the condition of the other parts, they are in good shape, so I don't know if they were ever used, or just left in storage.

At a minimum, you must pay actual shipping and/boxing. Any other offer is considered. I know there isn't much of a market for these things, but if it can help someone out, i'm happy to take my time to put it in a box and ship it, if you pay shipping, or pick it up north of Boston.

I'm a cheap yankee, so I don't have the heart to just throw this stuff out, so I thought I would offer it here.

Update: I still have the old canvas available, and I will until I clean out my garage, so get it while you can!

I no longer own the boat as it was sold.

Rich
Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Rich I am interested - not in the bimini, because mine is mint. I do not have a camper top, just the bimini and mooring canvas. I would probably only use once a year, but it would be nice to have one. Just so I understand, you have everything I need to enclose the cockpit, but the camper top is the slant back, "half camper"? What color?

Would you take a trade for a set of zincs if I paid the shipping both ways? I bought a box of mercruiser zincs online and the sent me saltwater ones - I am in freshwater - they don't sell those.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

ShoreAcres,

My 1/2 camper back goes straight down from the rear of the bimini and is white (more of a grey dirty as it needs cleaning).

The sides 'windows' are maroon color (not much color as they are mostly isenglass. The front windshield is white color around the trim.

I can try to take some pictures for you, but I don't have pictures with it on the boat (sorry). I'm away from the boat at the moment, and by the time I get back, the new camper-top should be installed by then.

I'm in a lake too, so I can't use Zincs also otherwise it would be a great trade.

If you think you want these and/or can use them, I'm sure we can agree on something, or just shipping costs at a minimum.

Rich
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

I may need the bimini too as I don't think mine has any zippers. Let me know how much you want for shipping and and appropriate handling fee. Not sure how to pay you, unless i can use pay pal or western union, other than mailing you a check.

If you mark on the box: "Used canvass cover, Value: $50" there shoudl be no trouble with customs (I am in Canada). I will message you my address.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:43 AM   #5
Lt. Commander

Ok, give me some time to get this together, plus I'm away for a week of business. If you don't hear from me in a week or two, ping me again.

Regards,
Rich

Rich
Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

FYI, this canvas is now available for anyone that wants it as ShoreAcres has lost interest in it at this time.

It's now off the boat as I had a new full camper back canvas installed on my boat at the end of the season last year.

Please remember that this offer does not include any of the frame. It only includes the parts described in the first post of this thread.

This canvas is for a boat that did NOT have a radar arch.

Rich
Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
Lt. JG

Do you have any idea how it would fit on a 2300sc? It's about that time for me.

Darren
Old 03-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Sorry, I have no idea. Considering that they are different sized boats, I would do some checking to see what others know.

Also, I'm selling my 1990 SCR27 so if you want a boat to go with it (and the new canvas that was just put on the end of the season last year), let me know! LOL

Rich
Old 04-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
Lt. JG

I've done some checking and it seems it won't work. Sorry.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't think it would.

Rich
Old 04-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #11
Lieutenant

Hey Rich, do you have a mooring cover laying around by any chance?

- Joe
Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
Lt. Commander

Yes, the price may seem very high, but a free boat comes with it!

Rich
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #13
Lieutenant

Lol already got 2 of those haha. still gotta sell my 17' Glastron.
I doubt you want to separate the mooring cover, but if u decide to just let me know.

- Joe
Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #14
Lt. Commander

I need to keep all the value I can in my boat, so I doubt I would let the mooring cover go, but if it happens, I'll let you know.

But if you want a lot of spares for your boat, mine runs great!

Rich
Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
Lt. Commander

Sorry, the boat has been sold along with all it's canvas.

So this thread can now be deleted.

Rich
Old 10-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #16
Ensign

By any chance is this canvas still available ?
Old 12-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #17
Ensign

Is the canvas still available ??
Old 12-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #18
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmuteman View Post
Is the canvas still available ??
It's been a year and a half since the sells last post, I doubt he will respond

Mike
Old 12-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #19

I agree.