Old 02-28-2018, 09:08 PM   #11
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimq26 View Post
Just a quick note to ask that you get back to us in a couple of months with how you plan to remove the now yellowing and peeling "floor wax".
I doubt it since he posted his boat is for sale yesterday.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #12
Lt. JG

I thought I would share this with the members on this Forum. You don't have to do anything, its a suggestion, simply put. But I'm sure you guys are experts on the subject matter and know everything. Do your own research for yourself, this is an acrylic wax that's the difference; yes I realize there isn't UV inhibitors in it, But I have read countless reports about how other people have used it on their Boat/RV with good results and after a year it still looks good. Thanks for the positive comments!

CLFouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:43 AM   #13
Lt. Commander

Sorry for being negative on using floor wax on an outdoor boat exterior. From my experience (owing boats for 65 years now), I know any acrylic floor wax looks good initially, and may last a few months. Despite what you say about reading countless reports of good results from others, it simply isn't true. All acrylic floor wax (domestic or commercial) will turn yellow and peel after any exposure to direct UV rays.
jimq26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #14
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimq26 View Post
Sorry for being negative on using floor wax on an outdoor boat exterior. From my experience (owing boats for 65 years now), I know any acrylic floor wax looks good initially, and may last a few months. Despite what you say about reading countless reports of good results from others, it simply isn't true. All acrylic floor wax (domestic or commercial) will turn yellow and peel after any exposure to direct UV rays.
I can confirm this as well. I have seen what happens after a few months and it aint pretty! I few RVs where I camp in the summer did this last year and half way through they were yellowing and peeling in places. They had to have a company come in and strip it all off and it wasn't cheap.

arichard is offline   Reply With Quote