Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Water under fuel tank

I have bought a 1994 XR 1800 and I'm new to the club, I was cleaning out the bilge/storage area in the center of the boat and when I ran water through the drain hole, instead of it flowing through to the bilge pump it over flows from under the fuel tank and over the stringer behind the tank. I did not rip up the carpet to see if I could remove the fuel tank to clean the compartment out and do not know if this is possible? Any information on his subject would be helpful.

djsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Send a message via MSN to Brit Rider

Fuel tanks glassed into the boat generally so I'd avoid trying to do that.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Commander

I cleaned out the ski locker area last summer. I am embarrassed to say that I don’t remember the exact location of the tank in relation to the pump in the bilge.

When I cleaned it I put the plug in. Wet down the area and then scrubbed it with bilge cleaner. I let it sit in the bilge for a while, and then I took out the plug and hosed it down.

If I understand your post correctly, you sprayed water into the transom drain hole from outside.

I sprayed the water from the ski locker towards the pump and the drain hole. Try putting the pug in and fill the area with water if the battery is connected the pump should automatically come on and you will see water coming out of the starboard side discharge hole. Then you can take out the garboard drain plug and make sure the water flows freely out the back.

MMSI# 338052622
tglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:15 AM   #4
Lt. JG

it seems that the pvc tube that runs back to the stern from the ski locker compartment opens into a compartment that the fuel tank is glassed into then on the stern side of the fuel tank compartment there is another pvc drain hole that opens to the transom. I believe that is where it is plugging up and causeing the water to overflow, just was hoping that someone had removed there fuel tank and seen how the drains were arranged.
djsxr is offline   Reply With Quote