Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Vacuflush running a lot

I have a 2002 3100SCR - My vacuflush system is running sporadically.. I have checked and it does not appear that the toilet itself has a leak as the water is staying in the bowl. I am the "new" owner to this boat and have no idea if the duckbills were ever changed so I am going to start there.

My question is has anyone removed the vacuflush from its current location, jammed behind the waste water tank to take it out and work on it? If so how do you do it?

cjc357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
Lt. JG

I have a 2001 3300SCR and had the same problem...loss of vacuum pressure. My pump would cycle every 5-10 min. The system flushed well, it just cycled because of worn valve. I wired a toggle switch to the pump motor so that I could manually switch on the pump only when needed. I position the switch up and to the right as you step into the head. You have to route your wires through the aft cabin ceiling panel and to the engine bay to the pump. Now, the family knows to start the pump before they go...

Old 09-22-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Thanks for the idea, thats not a bad solution.. Since my last post, I took the pump and vacuflush generator tank out.. Cleaned it all out, and replaced all 4 duck bills. Put everything back together and the problem still exists.. Cycles through a pump cycle ever 15-20 min or so..

The toilet itself is not loosing water from the boll so I dont think its a toilet issue. Their is only one line from the toilet to the pump and both ends are on good.. I dont know where I have a leak!
cjc357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:47 AM   #4
Commander

A few years ago ours started to cycle on about every 15 minutes. I couldn't find any vacuum leaks so I replaced the duck-bill valves which solved the problem. I have easy access to the vacuum generator so it was a quick fix. A year later it started cycling about every 30 minutes. Wasn't losing any water and I couldn't find the vacuum leak. I took the toilet apart and replaced the ball valve & seal, spring cartridge, and the base seal.Its been a couple years and it still holds vacuum for a couple weeks.

Did have an issue last year. After a #2 visit the vacuum generator would not stop running. I kept flushing water and a little more TP and it would not stop running and it wouldn't generator a vacuum. I ended up tearing the vacuum generator apart and found a popcorn kernel stuck in one of the duck bills. We still eat popcorn but try not to swallow and kernels.
dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote