Old 05-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Seat Removal For Recovering

I have a 1991 Maxum 23 scr and was looking at removing the main driver's seat for recovering. It is the long seat with front and back seating and can fold down flat. Is there an easy way of removing this seat or does the bottom frame work have to be removed. I was hoping it would just be able to slide backwards off the track but the lip on the bottom of the seat won't allow it. Any help would be appreciated.

Ocean Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:00 AM   #2
Ensign

Default Re: Seat Removal For Recovering

I did a very similar recovering job last summer. Mine is an 1989 and the back to back-fold flat seat is on the passenger side, not the drivers side. I wanted to pull the entire seat in one piece from the boat to recover and faced a similar problem with that bottom piece not coming out. Is the bottom of one of your cushions screwed into a piece of plywood with a metal bar that runs along a grooved track? I removed the screws from the plywood backing and then lifted the whole seat out. Once the seat is recovered you will be amazed... looks so good!

neversummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #3
Ensign

Default Re: Seat Removal For Recovering

Both my drivers seat and passenger seat fold flat. I was hoping that I could haul both seats back and they would come out of the grooves and not have to unscrew anything. The plywood is starting to get bad and needs replacing as well since it seems the nuts for the bolts are in the plywood and turn with the bolt when I try to unscrew them.
Ocean Escape is offline   Reply With Quote