Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Oil filter and bilge pump?

I have a 97 2000 sfc and I have a couple questions. I want to change the oil soon but the filter is way at the back of the motor on the bottom and only seems accessable through a small panel. The compartments on the sides of the motor are really small and the dividers don't seem to be removeable. How the heck do I get to the filter? seems like I need to be a contorsionist to get to it. Just trying to see what others have done. Also, where is the bilge pump located and where should the water exit the boat. I am pretty sure mine is shot.
Thanks

skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #2

Many install remote oil filters to make them more accessible.

I would check the lowest part of the boat as far back as you can go. It will discharge through one of the through-hull fittings above waterline. You 'could' count the number of through-hull fittings, then go inside and trace the hoses connected to each through-hull fitting back to it's source. These should be slightly different than the fuel, water and holding vents. I have one for each sink, as well as each bilge pump, the engine hatch drains and at least one draining locker.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote