Old 05-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
Ensign

Default No Water from Faucets (2003 2100SD)

Hi - (newbie here)
Just bought (2003 Maxum 2100SD) Boat at end of last season - was told fresh water tank was winterized.
Yesterday was the first time trying to rid the anti-freeze out of fresh water tank.

Flipped on 'water' switch on console tried spraying out of one of three on-board faucets. All of them just shoot out some air and no water.
I can here the water pump running as soon as the 'water' switch is flipped.
I thought maybe the tank was not winterized and maybe its empty. I put a hose in the tank and it filled up within seconds (leading me to believe there is already antifreeze/water) in the tank.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you,
Ed Bliem

ed.bliem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
Admiral

The pump has a filter next to it and it maybe clogged. Also try removing an ariator at one of the faucets to see if it is clogged.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #3

Some people run the AF (Propylene Glycol) through the lines, then drain the tank. Some folks put barely enough Propylene Glycol to fill the lines themselves, or the process of running it through the lines in the fall empties the tank. The pump cannot push liquid out the lines if the tank it is drawing from is empty.

Did you fill the water tank with freshwater before attempting to purge the lines? What you're describing sounds like an empty tank.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
Ensign

Hi guys -

Not only did I remove the aerator and try with no success - I even bought 3 new faucets and replaced them all with no success. It sill just shoots out air.

I questioned myself about the tank being empty - I tried to fill it and water just comes back out the inlet on the outside of boat. I also heard a lot of water coming out of the bilge when attempting to fill the tank. I assume there is some overflow valve closer to the tank?

I visually inspected the tank and it is indeed full of water - the pump is running when the switch is flipped on - but no water comes out any of the faucets...

Anything else I can check or do you think the motor itself is bad and not drawing the water out of the tank ?

Thanks,
Ed
Old 05-31-2017, 02:58 PM   #5

Make sure the pump pre-filter is removed. Disconnect the hose on the discharge side of the pump. Then turn on the circuit to the pressure pump. Water should come out when you complete the circuit.

I suspect you might simply have a bad pump. The electric side of the pump is working, but the diaphram might be shot.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Make sure the pump pre-filter is removed. Disconnect the hose on the discharge side of the pump. Then turn on the circuit to the pressure pump. Water should come out when you complete the circuit.

I suspect you might simply have a bad pump. The electric side of the pump is working, but the diaphram might be shot.

I agree try disconnecting the hose on the discharge side of the pump to see if water comes out when the pump is on.

Mike
Old 05-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
Ensign

Thanks guys - will do that tonight and report back the results !
Old 05-31-2017, 03:51 PM   #8
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed.bliem View Post
Hi guys -

Not only did I remove the aerator and try with no success - I even bought 3 new faucets and replaced them all with no success. It sill just shoots out air.

I questioned myself about the tank being empty - I tried to fill it and water just comes back out the inlet on the outside of boat. I also heard a lot of water coming out of the bilge when attempting to fill the tank. I assume there is some overflow valve closer to the tank?

I visually inspected the tank and it is indeed full of water - the pump is running when the switch is flipped on - but no water comes out any of the faucets...

Anything else I can check or do you think the motor itself is bad and not drawing the water out of the tank ?

Thanks,
Ed
When you say a lot of water coming out of the bilge are you referring to the water tank vent on the side of the boat or is water actually leaking into the bilge? If the latter that is an separate issue.

Mike
Old 05-31-2017, 04:11 PM   #9
Ensign

Water was coming out of the bilge when filling the tank ( then noticed the tank was already full ).

Yes a little water was coming out of the vent on the side of the boat. But A LOT of water was coming out the bilge.
I will have my wife attempt to fill when I am looking at the tank to see where the water is coming out of.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #10
Ensign

OK guys - I disconnected the hose on the discharge side of the pump. Turned on the pump and nothing...
I can hear the water pump motor running and see water inside the pump but nothing is being pushed out.

Is there any sort of shutoff valve preventing water from getting in the pump?
I noticed a round metal piece sticking into the hose (from the tank going to the pump).
It spins and I thought maybe it was a shutoff valve. I turned it, and kept turning it but it does not seem to do anything but turn.

It would be hard for me to get the tubing off of the motor on the intake side (unless I pull the whole motor out). Is it worth trying to do that ? I guess this would prove water is getting into the motor.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed.bliem View Post

It would be hard for me to get the tubing off of the motor on the intake side (unless I pull the whole motor out). Is it worth trying to do that ? I guess this would prove water is getting into the motor.
The thread started off talking about faucets. Now we're talking motor. I'm very confused as these two systems are not connected..........at all.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #12
Ensign

Yep, if you read all the posts in the thread you could see how I've described the initial problem and working towards the root-cause for resolution.
That how these threads work - right ?

I've interchanged the words Water Pump and Motor in the same post - perhaps that is where I lost you ?
Old 06-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #13
Admiral

The input side of the pump should have a filter, make sure its not clogged.

Even though the motor is running the pump itself may be bad and the entire thing needs to be replaced.

Mike
Old 06-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #14
Lt. Commander

Friend of mine with a 3000scr had same problem so he took the pump out and I took it apart and found apiece ofpipe dope clogging the pump. Working great now.

Tags
2100sd, faucets, water pump