Old 09-23-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
Captain

Default Leta's Top Shop Pictures

I am getting ready to order new tops and enclosure from Leta's. The price quote I got is $1,300 cheaper than my quote to have it made locally.

Their website, however, is woefully inadequate when it comes to pictures.

Those of you who have had tops made by Leta's, can you post some pictures?

One of the main things I am trying to determine before I order is, how wide is the canvas 'frame' around the isenglass? My current canvas has maybe a 2" frame, but I have seen other people's canvas with 6-8" or maybe more. This makes the isenglass window much smaller, and I don't like the way it looks.

I would like to know how the factory patterns handle this, and what I'd be getting when I order.

Also, this thread may help others, as most of what I found searching, I couldn't confirm they were pictures of a Leta's top.

Kevlar7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #2

The larger the frame, the easier it is to stretch and fit the eisinglass over time. It's a personal preference. The size of the panel is the same. Standard is about 2". It's up to you which you prefer. Advise the shop and they'll accommodate.

Leta is not going onsite to custom measure, she is not custom fitting it and placing the snaps. she is manufacturing from a template. You are fitting it and you are configuring the snap location yourself.

The cost of time and labor is where you are saving.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #3
Ensign

I have used Leta's in the past, sometimes good, sometimes not so good. I have a 3000SCR. My last experience was not so good. I had them replace the 2 back slant pieces and they put the zippers on incorrectly. Not once or twice, but 3 times. The above statement is true, they will make you a piece based on the factory template. This year I replaced my whole top with a local custom fit package. Yes I paid more but it is beautiful, fits perfectly, and I did not have to deal with those infernal snaps!
Valyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #4
Admiral

The old saying "You get what you pay for!" really works here. She is giving you a generic piece and you might like it or you might not! Roll the dice..

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

i had side windows done not so good was cheap trim almost plastic not cloth i was not happy she gave me a full refund tho , and they where to small also / she went by vin also local guy was $60 more but better job more oem
gmc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #6
Ensign

you get what you pay for with leta. we had her do ours 8 years ago and it was not very good. lets just say i would never use leta again.
mikembs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #7
Captain

Well, despite some of the posts here, I did finally pull the trigger and ordered from her. Crossing my fingers!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:29 AM   #8
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar7r View Post
Well, despite some of the posts here, I did finally pull the trigger and ordered from her. Crossing my fingers!
Kev.....I will be watching for updates!! I need to order a couple of rear seat skins. Will be my first order from letas.....Jesse
Old 02-21-2017, 01:32 AM   #9
Captain

I did seat upholstery locally, but canvas? Wow, it's like their too good to take my money around here.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:43 AM   #10
Captain

I am needing my upholstery to be as close to factory as I can, as I'm only needing a couple seat backs.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:00 AM   #11
Captain

Actually my locally done upholstery is almost indistinguishable. Only difference is they don't have 4" roll, only 2". Most people never notice.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:57 AM   #12
Captain

A dockmate has ordered seat skins from letas and had very good luck....hoping for the same results...
Old 02-21-2017, 10:35 AM   #13
Captain

I have an order in with her for all side pieces to my canvas. I have a NOS top and she told me they don't make that color/pattern anymore, but there's stuff on the internet that looks just like it, so I sent her my spot light cover so she has something to match.
Her price is way less than the local guy I got a quote from, though...!
speedysprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #14
Lt. Commander

I sent all my stuff back for a refund it was so thin like plastic . the glass was very thin also. Did not fit so i did not install snaps they send you with it ?? Like we are telling you you will get what u pay for if you are sell your boat it will look OK poor workmanship i think she has all the patterns for our boats ?
gmc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #15
Captain

Uh oh, I didn't see all these negative comments before I ordered...
Old 02-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #16
Captain

Well I forgot the card I gave Leta has since been deactivated because someone stole the info. Checked my account this morning and Leta tried to charge the card $2,655 yesterday. She quoted me $950 for the three front pieces and $700 for the slant back- $1650 total, plus shipping. Where did she get an extra $1000 from without even telling me?!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #17
Captain

Leta actually called me this morning because we had some reservations on what color/pattern of sunbrella to use. Apparently the original stuff is discontinued. But while I had her on the phone, I asked about the charges. Sounds like she mixed my ticket info up with someone else's order... Good thing my card came back declined!
Also asked about the eisenglass thickness and she said 30 gauge, which "is what OEM was"... So we shall see.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:51 PM   #18
Lt. JG

I recently ordered a new top from Leta's. Putting the snaps on is a real pain. The front and sides fit fine but not the back. It's about 2 inches shy on the points that come around on the sides. I emailed Leta's a pic of the Leta's navy top placed on top of my old green top, showing the shortage. She said that she can tell from the old one is not factory made. Doesn't really matter. The one she made doesn't fit my boat. I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

I have a 3200 SCR
K&T3200
K&T3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:02 AM   #19
Captain

Does your back section attach above or under the arch?
Old 02-26-2017, 02:08 AM   #20
Lt. Commander

Default letas

I recently changed my origional green top to new navy one from letas. I have a 3300 and I admit the snaps took time and one zipper was reversed(leta fixed it quickly) but the top fits and looks great!! I will try to post some pics

RandR is offline   Reply With Quote