Old 05-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Head pump

I am a new owner of a 1997 3200 SCR. There is a manual pump toilet that was working fine. It brings water in from outside the boat. However when I try to pump the handle to flush in to the holding tank it won't drain. I heard there is a seacock that can clog and needs to be periodically cleaned. Does anyone know where it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jengalati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:09 PM   #2
Captain

The seacock is on the water inlet side. If you're getting water in, that's not the problem. If pushing down on the handle is not pumping water out of the bowl, you likely have a clog.

Is it hard to push down or is it really easy and nothing is happening?

Not sure of the hose routing on a 3200, but if it's the same as the 3000, the likely clog point is where the hose turns to go in to the waste tank from the engine room. I was able to put a bucket under it, pull the hose off, and clean it out when mine clogged.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Kevlar7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #3
Admiral

It's either a clog or bad duck valve.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #4

1) If there is a DRY/WET switch, toggle it back and forth and make sure it is seated all the way one way or the other. Try it on Dry flush as well as wet flush. Mine would do this if it wasn't set all the way one way or the other.

2) Make sure the seacock is open.

3) Make sure the holding tank vent is not blocked.

4) Make sure there is no blockage in the pump itself. (this includes the check (duckbill) valve)

5) Make sure the discharge line from the head to the holding tank is not blocked.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
Admiral

Have you tried pumping out the waist tank? It could be full.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:31 PM   #6
Lt. JG

Sounds like you need a new joker valve (yes, that's a real thing). It's a cheap part <$20 and a 10 minute replacement. There are a ton of videos on YouTube to do it. Check out Jabsco's channel.
RxPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:53 AM   #7
Lt. JG

Question Question on the toilet

There is no way to integrate a power flushing system into this type of plumbing unit correct?

I am a new boater and I also have a Wet & Dry option. Truth be told, I am not sure when you would ever use dry but I'm really nervous about people disposing of anything besides urine because I don't have confidence it will flush.

If it is moving to the tank but very slow is there something I can do? Should I perform maintenance on the unit more than just emptying the tank and winterizing it at the end of the season.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
95MaxumSCR2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95MaxumSCR2400 View Post
There is no way to integrate a power flushing system into this type of plumbing unit correct?

I am a new boater and I also have a Wet & Dry option. Truth be told, I am not sure when you would ever use dry but I'm really nervous about people disposing of anything besides urine because I don't have confidence it will flush.

If it is moving to the tank but very slow is there something I can do? Should I perform maintenance on the unit more than just emptying the tank and winterizing it at the end of the season.

There is a power flush that can replace the manual pump, not sure its worth it just for urine.

The lever should be in the dry position when not in use. Place in dry and pump a few times to drain the system. To use place in wet and pump a few time before using.

The pump does wear out and can be rebuilt or replaced cheaply, may also be blockage in waste line.

Mike
Old 07-19-2017, 01:28 PM   #9
Lt. JG

Where would I purchase the power flush? I would really like to add that...
Old 07-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #10
Captain

I just replace the manual Jabsco head with an electric flush version..
Was cheaper to buy the whole unit new than use one of the conversion kits..

Bought thru Amazon (Jabsco #: 37010-0090) for under $400.
jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #11
Admiral

Quote:
Where would I purchase the power flush? I would really like to add that...

Anywhere Jabsco products are sold. As stated may be cheaper and easier to replace the whole thing.

Mike
Old 07-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #12

Quote:

We dry flush when we've been drinking beer (which is most of the time). No point in sending down a gallon of water to flush a 1/2 pint of.....water. Sometimes need to switch to wet flush for one of two pumps to make sure anything left in the bowl in 'clean'. But if you have someone in there every 15 minutes 'dropping off another beer' there is little point. We wet flush for #2 and at the end of the day before you go to bed to avoid head odors.

Often wet flush to fill the bowl, then dry flush to evacuate it. Sometimes needs to be done a couple of times. We try to conserve holding tank space as much as possible. In most cases it is more important than water tankage. (I can always go buy a gallon of water, if you get my drift).
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #13
Lt. JG

Yeah, should there be something that pumps water into tank when it is on the "WET" feature? Are you just simply pouring water from a gallon or a jug into the toilet and using the same pump?
Old 07-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #14
Admiral

Quote:
Yeah, should there be something that pumps water into tank when it is on the "WET" feature? Are you just simply pouring water from a gallon or a jug into the toilet and using the same pump?

There is a seacock that must be open, the pump draws in sea water then flushes it and the waste into the holding tank.

Mike
Old 07-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #15
Lt. JG

Thanks so much.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #16
Ensign

I was just looking around the forums and found this one. I have had my boat for a little over a year and struggled with my manual pump the entire time. Always thought I had a reoccurring clog in the line somewhere. 80% of the time the pump pulled and pushed extremely hard and sometimes would not go down unless I let it sit for a while. I decided to start by replacing the pump mechanism for about $80 (Amazon or Walmart.com) just to see what would happen. The difference is amazing. EVERYTHING goes down with ease and in a pump or two and water comes through in abundance in "wet" mode. I believe that this was the issue the entire time in my case. The replacement pump was 4 screws and took me 30 minutes to install.
MarkMaxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:17 AM   #17
Admiral

If your new pump ever gets hard to pump.... unscrew the handle pump assembly, pull it out and coat the inside of the cylinder with petroleum jelly. It works great.

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:41 PM   #18
Ensign

I am having issues right now with my pump the lines seem like they are clogged but they are not I'm really not sure what to look for on Amazon any key words for me? To replace the pump
Adamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #19
Admiral

is this your model?

Spare or replacement pump assembly kit for 29090 and 29120 series toilets, replaces 29040-2000

https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-29040-...gateway&sr=8-7
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #20
Ensign

Yes it looks just like that I have a 94 scr 2400

Adamh is offline   Reply With Quote