Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Boat Manual

Hello all,
I have recently purchased a 1992 2300scr. 5.7 Alpha I. We're loving it. Glad to find this forum!

I had to put a new outdrive on it and all new upholstery up top, but we knew all that going in and paid accordingly. I am trying to locate the original owners manual online. From what I can tell maxum.com doesn't go back that far. Any other ideas? I'm really just trying to bring this thing back to prime original.

We are also relocating to Tampa this June (from Phoenix), anybody from that area that can give me some schooling on the funnest places to snorkel and beach with the idea of overniteing? I am chomping at the bit to taste saltwater! After 18 years in AZ (which has some SPECTACULAR boating), We're ready for a change!

I have tried to upload some pictures without success. I will try back later. Thanks in advance!

Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome to the zoo...as far as tampa goes...I can't help out....but for a manual...call maxum in arlington, wa. ...they can usually print up the manual and send it too you...your going to need the hin number from the stern...
salt water...don't forget to change the zinc's out and hopefully you have a freshwater cooling system....that will help save parts from saltwater corrosion...

let us know how it goes and welcome

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:36 AM   #3
Ensign

Thanks. I'll try that.

As far as saltwater goes, my cooling system is not enclosed, so I expect to spend a large amount of time flushing and cleaning. I trailer this boat and store it out of the water.

In your opinion, if one is religious about flushing the system and rinsing the entire boat each time, should that do it? I've heard of a lot of different opinions about this, and while I don't want to tear up my boat, I can't resist that much clear water to boat on. As far as the zincs, as I know there are two. Is that correct?

I'm anxious to hear every ones take on this. To salt or not?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Send a message via MSN to Brit Rider

Don't fear salt - just accept that each time you leave it you need to give the boat a good wash down.

I've been in salt all my life and never had problems. Saying that though I am meticulous about maintenance and flush the engine through after every use.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
Ensign

Thanks Brit

I feel the same and that is also one of the deciding factors when I bought an older boat that isn't in absolute perfect condition. Being from Arizona, though, all of the wear is mostly sun damage. It had very low hours and the motor checks out very nice. I'm hoping that bringing it to Tampa (and salt) puts me ahead a little as opposed to a boat that has seen salt most it's life and you don't know the maintenance.

How about the trailer? Is rinsing it enough? Do you find that you need to repack the bearings more often or anything like that?

Sorry to sound like such a rookie. The salt thing is new to me, I was raised in the mid-west and have spent the last 18 years in the desert!