Old 03-16-2017, 09:23 PM   #1
Ensign

Default '92 SCR access to shower drain pump and fresh water pump

I have 1992 2300 SCR. I need to do work on both shower drain pump and fresh water pump. I know their location but access is extremely tight. They are located on starboard side just below head. There is small access door, only about 12"x14", in aft berth. It's almost impossible to reach drain pump through this door. Fresh water pump a little easier. I'm actually thinking about cutting larger access door so future repairs would be easier. Anyone have any idea how better to get to these two items?? Thanks for the assist.

Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #2

I doubt you need to cut an access hole for the sump box. This should be serviceable. The float switch and the pump would need to be cleared and replaced periodically. In fact, I would expect there to be an inline pre-filter which would need to be cleaned.

Are yo sure there isn't a less obvious, but ultimately more accessible panel which can be removed? Stair removal, etc?

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #3
Lieutenant

I have 2000 2400 SCR, I'm not sure about the layout of 1992 2300 SCR compare to mine. I worked on shower drain and pump before and I removed the refrigerator to have access under the shower drain and pump. You may try that, good luck.
cruz'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #4
Ensign

I'll check closer but don't think so. Both stairs and refrigerator are on Port side and Shower/Head are starboard. Thanks for help..
Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 PM   #5

I'm surprised the pressure water pump isn't in the engine compartment. As for the sump box....is there a hatch in the cabin sole that can more easily reach it? That is where it is on the 2800.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote