Old 03-09-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default 3200 SCR Aft Cabin Floor?

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear section of the floor in the aft cabin?

Due to a combination of a maxum design flaw (dumping the ac condensate into the bilge), and the previous owner neglecting to replace the aft bilge pump, that section of floor was constantly wet and now the aft table bracket is no longer holding the table from wobbling, so I need to remove the floor to see what is going on.
Thanks,
Mike

0Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:57 AM   #2
Admiral

It's probably glassed in and will need to be cut out. Be careful not to cut into the boats bottom.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

Hmm....maybe but it almost seemed like the carpet raps around and under it, just like the front removable piece. But not sure...I haven't really looked closely at it.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:04 AM   #4
Admiral

Hopefully others with this model can give you some better info. Have you searched some threads as I have seen some replacing this floor on 3000 and other models. Also some have pulled the carpet and but in hardwood so that might give an idea.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

No I haven't.....just going thru my list of future projects and trying to get some info together.....I will try searching thanks.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:58 PM   #6
Commander

If you're talking about the rear part of the aft cabin floor, that part is definitely glassed to the boat. The front part of the aft cabin floor is removable, but the back isn't. I had the same issue when I redid my carpet on my '95 3200. You need to cut out the rotted wood and reglass. Careful of the wiring that runs under it to the bilge pump as well.
jamanati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:20 AM   #7
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamanati View Post
If you're talking about the rear part of the aft cabin floor, that part is definitely glassed to the boat.
Yep....that is the part I am talking about....actually the floor itself does not feel soft at all, but the table mount is wobbling under the carpeting......how is the mount held in place....I'm thinking maybe it can be re-fastened down.....I guess I will have to peal the carpet back to see what's going on.
Thanks for the info!
Mike
Old 03-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #8
Commander

The table mount is under the carpet fastened with nuts and bolts and then glassed over. The nuts are underneath the wood itself. Crazy that it was built that way. If its wobbly, chances are the wood may be the culprit. Mine was and the mount was deteriorated to the point the mount was falling apart, and the wood was soft enough to pull the bolts through the wood, ripping the soft rotted wood. Rip and replace was the only solution for me.
jamanati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:23 PM   #9
Lt. Commander

Ok thanks for the info...I guess I'll see what's up once I pull it apart.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #10

Be easy on the carpet removal. They folded the carpet over glued it under the table post. My salon table was a bit rocky under I removed the carpet around the based and exposed the aluminum. Make sure its not the carpet first.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote