Old 09-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #21

Alright, everyone play nice! After-all it's just a boat.

Kodiak. Get to the underside of the deckplates (Water & Waste) and then trace the hoses back. What do they connect too?

Those are DIY hose connectors in the head. It looks like the PO tried to fabricate something. The boat might have come with a head and he replaced it with a porta-pottie instead. See if there are screw holes underneath the carpet where the original head would have been installed. Maxum would have screwed down a porta-pottie or a head. I suspect there has been some work done on the systems of this boat. (e.g. owner knew it wouldn't sell without a head, so tossed in the cheapest thing he could prior to sale/trade).

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:50 PM   #22
Lt. JG

Don't know how or where this got side tracked to the potty...

My original question was to find out WHERE to connect the water line and how do I access the tank, which never got addressed.

I could care less if pot gets hooked to pump out or not.

I only want to know WHERE those 2 hoses hook up to and HOW go I gain access to the tanks.

I know there is provision for the water hook-up since boat do have both the sink with hose and nozzle in the cabin, along with transom shower with hose and nozzle.

Please, get off the pot subject.

Thanks.

Kodiak536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #23
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak536 View Post
Don't know how or where this got side tracked to the potty...

My original question was to find out WHERE to connect the water line and how do I access the tank, which never got addressed.

I could care less if pot gets hooked to pump out or not.

I only want to know WHERE those 2 hoses hook up to and HOW go I gain access to the tanks.

I know there is provision for the water hook-up since boat do have both the sink with hose and nozzle in the cabin, along with transom shower with hose and nozzle.

Please, get off the pot subject.

Thanks.
IMO you kind of steered us in the potty direction in your first post by saying in attempting to use the water system water was coming out of the hose in the head compartment.

Those two hoses need to be capped off or removed to eliminate the water leak. I don't think they are factory installed.

To fill the freshwater tank you simply remove the deck plate marked water and fill by hose. To use the fresh water the fresh water pump needs to be turned on, switch may be by the sink in the cabin or at the helm. not sure about your boat model.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #24
Admiral

If i recall the pump switch is just below the counter top on the right side. It should be a red rocker switch.

Are you saying you are not getting water to the sink and aft shower?
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:52 PM   #25
Lt. JG

O.k. so happens thst the hoses came out of the wsll near the pot...

Any way, there is a red rocker switch on the cabinet whete the sink is but, I havent tried any of the water system out yet.

Tomorrow, I will try them out and see if there is any water there or if the pump even come on or I even have one.

STILL, I would like to know HOW to gain access to the tank and from WHERE.

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #26
Admiral

I don't know where the tank is on this model but suggest you start at the water deck fitting and follow the hose as it should lead to the tank. Cannot tell from the picture you posted where the deck fitting is located on the boat. The water tank should either be near the engine or in a compartment in the cabin.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:15 PM   #27
Admiral

If equipped the fresh water tank would be in the bilge.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:27 PM   #28
Lieutenant

Welcome! My 2300sc has a tank that is located under the drivers/helmsman seat (accessed through the ski hatch in the floor). Pump for this is next to it. Red rocker switch in cuddy activates this pump. Tank on mine doesn't look like you can remove it.

My 2300sc didn't come with a pump out function and have not seen another with this.

Enjoy!!!
Old 09-29-2017, 12:22 AM   #29
Lt. JG

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian E View Post
Welcome! My 2300sc has a tank that is located under the drivers/helmsman seat (accessed through the ski hatch in the floor). Pump for this is next to it. Red rocker switch in cuddy activates this pump. Tank on mine doesn't look like you can remove it.

My 2300sc didn't come with a pump out function and have not seen another with this.

Enjoy!!!
Now, we're getting somewhere!

I'll look where you pointed to and see if it's even hooked-up to the fill port.

As for the pump-out, there is a cap so I "assumed" there must be a tank for waste.

As for the portaputty theory, I can see the PO doing just as mentioned for selling the boat. It did seem odd to have one and not be secured in the cabin.

As soon as I get some days off, I'll get down in to it.

Appreciate the info.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #30
Lt. JG

FYI, just as Ian E suggested, I found the water tank, accessed from cabin where the potty is...see photo.

Now, I got half the cabin trims removed @entrance and can not find a way down to the bilge to check, remove and/or replace the pumps if need be.

Only option I see is to drain and remove the water tank and squeeze my fat ***** through the gap where the tank is.

For now, I don't see a holding tank for the waste.

Oh, another thing. I guess when we decided to fill the water tank, I must have inadvertently opened the cap for waste pump out and put water down that in stead of water fill port!🤤

Those hoses I seen coming out from wall are the pump out hoses, one for pump out(the bigger hose) and other for vent(the smaller hose). They are not connected to anything down below.

The water hose and it's vent are connected as it should be. Yet, when I turn on the pump, no water nor do I hear the pump run...so, that's why I'm looking for access to the bilge, tesring up the cabin walls.

So, this seem like one of those "how-to" post now, since there is NO real information on this boat as to how to do anything.

As I do thing to repair/upgrade this boat, I will post more "how-to", if there is no information to be found here or online.

Tim.
Attached Thumbnails
20171003_104251.jpg   20171003_104258.jpg   20171003_104324.jpg   20171003_104344.jpg   20171003_104309.jpg  

Old 03-21-2018, 04:47 PM   #31
Lt. JG

Default So, it's bern 7 months...

Got bunch of things done with potable water.

Replaced the dead pump for one and now, I got flowing water...stagnant STINK WATER!!!

I tried most methods found on internet but, stink remain, even after soaking for 24 hours as most recommend.

Apparently, P.O. never used it just didn't care since pump quit...I mean the water and tank STINKS!!!

Although I found the tank, I CAN NOT remove it to clean or replace because the "bulkhead" is in the way.

Only 2 options...raise the deck to remove the tank...no way, Jose.

Cut the "bulkhead" so tank xan be slid out...if that can be done without any structural degredation to the hull. I need to cut @12" X 3" triangular piece, level with tank mount deck.

Any suggestion? I prefer first hand experience and knowledge only, please. If you've done it, I'd like to hear YOUR experience.

BTW, wife and I had gone out twice last year since purchase and I had a blast!...her on the other hand, had a "blast" of motion sickness on second outing when I stopped the boat on 2'-3' seas😁

She's armed with Bonine this year, hope it helps. Thanks all👍
Old 03-21-2018, 07:54 PM   #32
Admiral

For the wife, look up a product called Sea Bands. They work for my wife.

For the tank, lots of bleach, fill it full and let sit for a couple days (use the boat if possible to slosh the mix) and then flush it all out. Repeat as needed.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #33

Agreed. I bought a boat with nasty water tanks. You could see black sludge lining the inside of the tank.

1) Pour in some bleach

2) Fill with water.

3) Let sit for 3-7 days.

4) Drain water

5) Repeat until the tanks are clean.

6) Cycle a few tanks of freshwater with no bleach through the system to get rid of the chlorine smell.

It took 5 cycles to clean my tanks. Make sure you have a filter before the pressure pump. Change the filter once the job is done.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote