Old 07-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default What to do while out of the water...

Ok, so heres where I'm looking for the list. As most of you know my boat stays in the water 365 days a year. I use a borrowed trailer so taking it in and out is a hassle. It looks like in the next couple weeks I will (again) be pulling the boat out of the water and taking it 25 miles to a shop where they will safe me big money over the marina to get the lower shift cable fixed.

That mechanic has told me that he charges $200 to pull the drive and put it back on. Any other parts I want replaced while he has it off is just the part cost. So with that in mind..........let the list begin.......I want to replace or maintain anything I can while it's out of the water and in the shop.

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Commander

If you have the Boat Levelers, check the hydraulic lines that come through the transom to be sure they are not beginning to crack and that their clamps are tight. I had to pay for a complete haulout just so I could replace this $5 hose. Bottom paint? Check all through haul fittings, engine alignment, install some cool underwater LED's, drive service, zincs. Gimme a while and I'll think of a few more things to spend your money on.
Take some pics!
Have fun!
rgreenwell8962 is offline   Reply With Quote