Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Westerbeke Water Pump

Hello Gents-

In my ongoing attempt to fix everything on my boat this year I turned on the genny the other day and noticed it wasn't pumping any water. Figured it was the impeller and waited for a nice cool morning to pull her apart. As I was doing so I found that the impeller was in mint condition but the water pump actually broke away from it's brace. The brass is actually broken on the water pump causing it to be completely replaced.

So here's my question. The Westerbeke part number is clearly printed on it as (32617) a quick search and you learn that Westerbeke cross references that to the new part number of (47206). And the price is in the mid $300 range which sucks for a tiny water pump.

I think it's safe to assume that 90% of westerbeke's pumps are made by either Jabsco or Johnson and I'm pretty sure it's Johnson. I don't need any of the parts or pieces just the pump and if I could find a good source to cross reference with Johnson I think it will cut my bill in half.....

Any ideas or sources you would use?

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleshep View Post
Hello Gents-

In my ongoing attempt to fix everything on my boat this year I turned on the genny the other day and noticed it wasn't pumping any water. Figured it was the impeller and waited for a nice cool morning to pull her apart. As I was doing so I found that the impeller was in mint condition but the water pump actually broke away from it's brace. The brass is actually broken on the water pump causing it to be completely replaced.

So here's my question. The Westerbeke part number is clearly printed on it as (32617) a quick search and you learn that Westerbeke cross references that to the new part number of (47206). And the price is in the mid $300 range which sucks for a tiny water pump.

I think it's safe to assume that 90% of westerbeke's pumps are made by either Jabsco or Johnson and I'm pretty sure it's Johnson. I don't need any of the parts or pieces just the pump and if I could find a good source to cross reference with Johnson I think it will cut my bill in half.....

Any ideas or sources you would use?
Hey Tshep'

Yep it Johnson allright, I replaced the entire pump housing a year ago, I will get the info where I got it out of bella tonight for you and post it later this evening.

I found this info in the office where I bought it; http://www.marysvillemarine.com/

This is the part, the retail price is $368 (ouch), which is what I must have paid? but it comes complete with all fittings ready to install.......http://www.marysvillemarine.com/deta...umber=JHW47206 and the extra impeller kit too.....http://www.marysvillemarine.com/mmdp...umber=MMD46622 $22.00 -

Bella Sera 3300SCR Out.

Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
Admiral

Can you feel the love?

Nothing like helping each other out! Good Job!

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Lt. JG

I get all my Westerbeke parts from Coastal marine supply.....This is the link for that pump........http://carpcoastalmarine.com/westerb...desc=1&q=47206....
$331.20....His prices are unbeatable.....
rjrcmr03 is offline   Reply With Quote