Old 09-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #21
Ensign

Paper work says “idle control motor”

JJ Cano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:47 PM   #22
Ensign

Well motor did rev up better and I’m now getting 4300rpm. I still have the beeps going off. That’s 2 shops that’s says there are no stored codes and the motor is fine. I decided to put a toggle on the alarm until I can figure it out. To be continued...

Old 04-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #23
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Cano View Post
Well motor did rev up better and I’m now getting 4300rpm. I still have the beeps going off. That’s 2 shops that’s says there are no stored codes and the motor is fine. I decided to put a toggle on the alarm until I can figure it out. To be continued...
Hey just checking back in here. Ever get rid of your alarm? I haven’t! I learned if you turn the key 3 or 4 times but not to start up, the computer will cancel the alarm and log the code. So that’s what I’ve been doing for alarm free cruising. I also got the “vessel view” hookup. Really neat. If not familiar, it connects to your computer and bluetooths to app on your phone. Tells you fault codes computer is reading. Unfortunately can’t delete unneeded codes/beeps but saves having to pay a guy with a computer to come down. Also great for more accurate engine readings (temps, rpm, gph...). Anyway, I’m thinking of bringing the computer to a shop that will tell me if there’s anything up with it itself. They can also clean it up.
Have some time here in San Diego. Boating just banned cause of virus.
Captncooln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:07 PM   #24
Ensign

Had it to 3 different certified merccruser shops. Each one said it’s fine but can’t find out why the alarm is going off. I decided to put a switch in to disable it when needed. It didn’t bother me on the lake but if you pull into or out of a cove everyone looks at you when the alarm goes off. I’m very disappointed that 3 certified techs couldn’t find the issue.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:20 PM   #25
Ensign

I’ll let you know what computer dr says.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #26
Ensign

Few updates: fixed soft alarm. Replaced coolant temp sensor and crank position sensor. Alarm went away. The coolant temp sensor was showing up in the vessel view app as a fault. If you still have an alarm something needs to be replaced. I was able to rent a new ECM to finally determine if mine was bad. It’s not. I def recommend getting the vessel view hookup. They’re on eBay for around $150
So I’ve solved everything now but the warm restart issue.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:15 AM   #27
Lt. Commander

I had the same alarm issue ,2 beeps. It happened to both of my 5.0 engines within a year or each other. it is the IAC . Easy to replace. It is right behind the throttle intake under the flame arrester cover. Just a plug and 2 Allen bolts. And you are done. Part was around 130-150. I think!

RandR is offline   Reply With Quote