Old 05-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
Ensign

Default New Prop on 1996 Force 120 (1700xr)

I have done plenty of research on here.
my current prop is has a pitch of 21. (48 77348 a40 21p)
i know my wot is 4800-5200 and will get up to 38-45 depending on load and most of the time we are tubing with the family keeping it at 3000-3500 rpms. at a speed between 20-25
we live in ohio and stay are on smaller lakes. our favorite spot is only a few miles long and going over 40 is rare. (I would like to keep or top speed as close as possible to 40 but really want a better hole shot.

My prop is not looking to good anymore. hit something this holiday weekend.
I am not interested at going super fast but would like a better hole shot. we would like to do more water sports but it just seems slow out of the hole. (my last boat hit 40mph but got out of the hole so fast but it was also a older omc 302.)

I have never purchased a prop before and down the road i would love to spend the money and get a new Stainless steel blade but right now money is tight. i need something affordable that will do the job.
I was thinking going to a 19pitch.
I was on Iboats.com and see i can get one for around 88. but is one brand better than the other.
but not sure how it would affect the rpm's and performance. i find to many contradictory things
aesc is offline   Reply With Quote