Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Force 85 issues

Hi everyone. I have an issue with my Force 85. I had it running tonight in the driveway with the muffs on, and it ran...well, ok. It started up just fine, and will run fine for a bit, then shuts off. I can re-start and it will run no problem. In neutral it will rev up and down fairly smooth, a hiccup here and there. But here comes the problem. I engage the throttle, and the prop starts spinning, then it dies. When I try to re-start, it only clicks, and nothing else. I open the cover, and the starter is already engaged with the fly wheel, and it only moves a bit when trying to start. Sometimes it will move a bit more, but no cranking over. Just clicks. I stopped playing with it because my battery terminals were getting really hot. I disconnected the battery and called it a night.

Anyone know why it is doing this? Left me stranded last weekend in the middle of the lake for the same reason. Only then I was able to at least get to the middle of the lake before the engine died.

That's is only the start of my troubles..I won't go into the clanking sound when running (from one of the cylinders I am guessing - low compression in that one)
Nemesis98 is offline   Reply With Quote