Old 08-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
Ensign

Thumbs down Engine Compartment locked - hatch tilt locked

Hello,

On my Maxum 1900 SR, the manual hatch lift system does not work anymore. When I pull the cable to open the sun deck to access the engine, the locker does not open and the sun deck does not lift.

I didn't find anysolution to dismount the seats to access the locker. Would someone be able to help me out?

Thanks, Pegon

pegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Captain

what year is the boat....than we know a little more how the boat looks and we can search for information

greatz, ed

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Ensign

It is actually a 1900 SSL from year 1993 (engine mercruser 4.3L 205 HP).

Thanks, for your help in advance

Cheers, Pegon
Old 08-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Ensign

I include a picture in case. Thanks, Pegon
Attached Thumbnails
Bateau2005 105.jpg  
Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #5

This sounds similar to when the cable parts on the hood release of a car. At least in a car you can crawl under it and if you can reach the latch, manually pop-it. I would have no idea how you're going to get in there to release the latch. I'd bet the seats are screwed from the inside as well. Is that a pic of your boat? I see the speakers are in the gunnels, so that is probably not an option either. Even the air vents don't look like they would grant access, and I guess you'd need to know where the latch is to fumble for it in the dark. (ARGG, that blows!!)

I'm the guy that would break it by forcibly opening it then fixing what I broke along with the latch and release mechanism, howver I wouldn't recommend that approach as not all things are completely fixable (as I've found out the hard way).
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
Captain

hai peg....

is this the same boat with the same dash, at the first thing i think shrew is right but i'm not sure... http://www.autobedrijfdebaan.nl/?tar...&entry_id=4890 ........what you can do is phone these guys then dail 0031-294416188 and tell them about your problem.......i could take a look for you also....it's not far from my house, about 20 miles......but the best you can do is contact maxum and tell them about your problem and asked them how to fix it.....

let me know, greatz, ed
Old 08-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Ensign

Hi Guys,

We found the solution! Actually there were some screws around the sun deck to fix the Vinyl protection, screws accessible from outside all around the sun deck. Underneath the vinyl, there is like a soft pad between the Vinyle and a wood board. In the middle of the sun deck under the soft pad there are 2 screws, holding the hook. I removed these 2 screws to detach the hook underneath, then I was able to open the sundeck.
And I fixed back the cable to the locker system. The end of the cable finishing with a small steel cylinder was brocken. I was able to fix back the screw on the remaing piece of the cable to attach the cable to the locker.

It would have been easier to explain with pictures.... The tricky part was the first two steps to open the sun deck. My friend Christian found the solution Thank you !
It was actually the only way to access the engine compartment. The back seats are fixed from inside the engine compartment.

Thank you for your support guys, indeed Maxum technical team would have supported us for sure. We found alone - satisfaction ;-)

Peg
Old 08-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #8
Captain

problem solved.......

have fun

greatz, ed
Old 08-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #9

I would have expected the locking mechanism to be screwed from the inside as well. IT almost sounds like they designed it this way just in case the cable parted. Those barrel style cable connectors have a funny way of parting like that, which is what I suspected was the issue. Try having one go on a clutch on a dirtbike 20 miles into the woods. Nothing like crunching your way through gears with no clutch for 3 hours.

Nice job getting it done without damage.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote