Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Changing my Manifolds 4.3L DRY?wet? joint?

Hi there I am changing my manifolds I just don't know what to get. how are the GLM's there all over ebay and such? or should I just buy the Mercruiser's? How do I tell if they are dry joint or not? it is a 2007 engine. I am looking online I am in Vancouver BC but there so expensive here. any Ideas? thanks for your replies.

joelyoely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
Admiral

joey
personally ...(just me of course)..I'd replace them with the original merc's....get the numbers off the originals and try and match them up....be sure to use a torque wrench on them so you don't torque the manifolds and they crack or snap at the mounts....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
Commander

Cool manifolds

I live in chilliwack e-mail me mark9@shaw.ca and I will send you a link in langley BC I got 2 last year good service I have got a number of parts from them good prices
cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
Lt. Commander

I replaced my manifolds and risers(with spacers) on my 4.3's with Barr brand. Barr makes quality parts and way less expensive than Mercury. I used Lighthouse Marine in LI. Good prices and they ship anywhere cheap. marineengineparts.com Their customer service is very helpful. Good luck....
Capt Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #5
Lt. Commander

Two more things. Depending on which replacement brand you choose, make sure it's painting with a protective coating, some will just paint it with a light regular coat. If not, just paint them with protective black engine paint( you can buy at any auto store) before mounting. After installation, the four main bolts will loosen, periodically check to make sure they're snug....
Capt Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
Ensign

Thanks for the posts, any ideas about weather it is dry join or not? Guess I will just have to take them off and find out. Any ideas on torque value for when I replace them? Thanks
joelyoely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyoely View Post
Thanks for the posts, any ideas about weather it is dry join or not? Guess I will just have to take them off and find out. Any ideas on torque value for when I replace them? Thanks
Where can I get factory Service manuals, Parts manuals, or Operation, Maintenance & Warranty manuals?

You can order all available literature
online. You could also order all literature through any authorized Mercury dealer. Please have your outboard or sterndrive serial number before placing the order.

I suggest if you're going to do ANY work on you engine or drive, then you need to get the manuals. They are not cheap, but certainly cheaper than either a mechanic or a mistake.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote