Old 07-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #11

You're not starting the engine with no water supply then backing down the ramp are you? You're using a set of muffs and a garden hose right?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #12
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
I would still check for water since the tank was that low there is a high chance that condensation can happen. Any water in the tank would settle to he bottom where the pump draws it from.

Other than that It sounds like you need to trouble shoot when the problem is occuring. Take a day off and launch the boat when no one is around so you have time to check things out. Verify you have spark, fuel at the carb, then it's a matter of correct timing
Wahoo! Put her back in the water today and she started up. I'm having a warm start problem though. Takes some effort to get started. I'm going to have to check the choke operation. She also seems to lack the full 205 hp. I'm going to check timing and try the other prop that came with the boat. I think the one that's on now is an 18 pitch and it just doesn't seem like it's biting the water.

WBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #13

So what did you change? What makes you feel that you are having a power issue? HP isn't easily measured. What is the actual behavior you're noticing to make you feel this way?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
So what did you change? What makes you feel that you are having a power issue? HP isn't easily measured. What is the actual behavior you're noticing to make you feel this way?
She's a dog, at least relative to what I expected. Slow to plane, falls off plane in turns waaay before I expect ( with some cavitation, making me think the prop may make a difference). Of course since I'm still breaking in the engine I don't often exceed 3/4 throttle.

WBubble is offline   Reply With Quote