Old 12-13-2015, 05:33 PM   #11
Admiral

Not sure about the drives but shrew should know and he will respond soon. I am pretty sure it came with a counter rotating drive. I doubt you will notice any handling issues on plane and minor walk at slow speed of 6 mph and reverse.

Did you bypass the trim switches at the helm or the soleniod's at the pump assembly? If the helm switch it could be a blown fuse located at the pump. If the soleniod's they could be bad, try hitting the switch a few time as bad soleniod's will work after a few try's then stop again.

Do you have the wiring diagrams? If not go to the Documents tab and find the merc manual for your boat.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #12
Ensign

We bypassed it at the pumps and didn't have too much time to mess with the wiring. I'll grab the docs and head back over to the boat this week and see what I find. I'm not a mechanic so I had my buddy do the head gasket and few other things. While he's fixing the starting issue I'll work on the wiring. Both of the drives wouldn't move so might be the main switch at the throttle. Doubt there would be one fuse for both motors, but I'll go read some on it.
Thanks and

joncacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #13

You have two topics running in parallel here. (Drive Rotation and Drive trim pump). You might want to start a new thread.

I've seen boats without counter rotating drives. Most of those boats were from the 80's. A few were just someone replacing a leg with whatever they could find. I would have expected by 96 Brunswick would be shipping with counter rotating drives. The 3000, 3100 and 3300 SCR's from the same time period were shipping with counter-rotating drives. Admittedly I've never seen a 2700 with twins before, however that alone wouldn't dictate drive orientation.

As for the trim pumps, there should be a dedicated pump per outdrive. Each pump has two solenoids (1 for Out, 1 for IN).

Once in the OUT position will it go IN without being bypassed?

Does drive out and Trailer out BOTH not work?

Do they not work on BOTH outdrives?

The most common culprit for this problem is the solenoid. They are mounted on the side of the trim pump bracket. I have never seen more than one die at a time. All 4 dying together would be like hitting the lottery. I would be surprised if they are on the same fuse.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:51 PM   #14
Ensign

Hi Shrew
Ill track down the trim issue as I think it is in the throttle as you said all out at same time not so common. Also might be just a loose wire..
Didn't want to move down that road I really just wanted to hear that the 2700 either came with or without counter rotating drives and if they did and one was replaced what will be the outcome and what to expect.
Thanks for the reply and I will start a new thread on the trim if need be.
joncacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #15
Lt. JG

I have a 98 2800 scr with twin v6's with alpha drives ,it came with non counter drives ,it handles fine.
Lawnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:56 AM   #16
Ensign

Default 96 27scr twin v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnman View Post
I have a 98 2800 scr with twin v6's with alpha drives ,it came with non counter drives ,it handles fine.
hi lawnman, what props u have right now?
b2lois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #17
Lt. JG

I'm pulling the boat out on Sunday,I'll let you know then.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:39 PM   #18
Lt. JG

Sorry for the delay but the props are Quicksilver 2016P19.