Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default TV in Cabin

Hey All,

3000 SCR, 32 inch flat mount.

Ended up running the wiring into the bathroom GFI. Talk about a fishing issues. Had to get the line through a hole roughly the size of a quarter. Used an endoscope to complete the job.

Good luck to anyone who does likewise. Originally wanted it on the radar arch but spoke with a few people who had to replace them every few years due to sun/weather.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
20190617_160337.jpg   20190617_160248.jpg   20190617_154226.jpg   20190611_175313.jpg  

Old 07-31-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

That looks great. Giving me ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-14-2019, 01:18 AM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusBoatimus View Post
Hey All,

3000 SCR, 32 inch flat mount.

Ended up running the wiring into the bathroom GFI. Talk about a fishing issues. Had to get the line through a hole roughly the size of a quarter. Used an endoscope to complete the job.

Good luck to anyone who does likewise. Originally wanted it on the radar arch but spoke with a few people who had to replace them every few years due to sun/weather.

Thanks
Are there studs behind there? What are the screws attaching to?
Old 03-26-2020, 01:37 AM   #4
Lt. JG

I would love to see how this Tv was mounted as far as on the other side. I'm looking to do this in my new to me maxum 3300, want to mount mine in the exact same area. I ran a power outlet in the overhead piece to the cabinet on the opposite side of the boat so power is no issue, just mounting the bracket
Old 03-26-2020, 01:41 PM   #5
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkbrdr1 View Post
I would love to see how this Tv was mounted as far as on the other side. I'm looking to do this in my new to me maxum 3300, want to mount mine in the exact same area. I ran a power outlet in the overhead piece to the cabinet on the opposite side of the boat so power is no issue, just mounting the bracket
When I'm able to get back to the marina I'll take a picture for you. You will need to remove the mirror as your be drilling through the wall to make a pilot hole. One will be behind the mirror and just below the towel rack/holder to the right. I used clear silicone, its hidden by a hanging towel. Just have to take a grinder or hack saw after driving the holes to make it flush.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

So I have a question. What are you guys watching? Are you streaming via smart phone, or a DVD player? I've never really missed TV while on my boat, but the upgrade is pretty cool and has me thinking. Plus these flat screen TV's are so inexpensive these days it's not a pricey upgrade.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:03 PM   #7
Lt. JG

That would be great, I'm nervous about drilling holes in my boat. I'm gonna take my mirror down in mine today and just see where about the holes would be going through at.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:46 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Wait, lol...

Did you take a picture of your phone projecting a picture of the TV in the picture? Picture-ception?

Old 03-27-2020, 12:35 AM   #9
Lt. JG

I got my tv sitting on my table today until I figure out the mounting. I did smart view connecting my phone to my tv and played hulu through and onto my tv. Worked great, good workaround not having internet or a dish
Old 03-27-2020, 02:04 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

Genius. amazing how much technology has improved in the last decade. I used to know some folks with dishes on their boats.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:02 PM   #11
Lt. JG

Yes it is, gets better and better. I have been looking into the dish for the boat. Looks like once its mounted and wires ran you simply take your receiver from your home or purchase another receiver just for you boat. Plug it up, turn it on and it automatically locks onto the sattelite.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:46 PM   #12
Lieutenant

This is exactly what I want to do on my 99 2800scr. I am wondering what you are using for power? How you keep the TV from sliding around on the bracket (does it have a Lock)? Also, can you provide more in depth picks of what it the mounting looks like in the head. I appreciate all you help on this! Mike
Old 01-13-2021, 02:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc64 View Post
This is exactly what I want to do on my 99 2800scr. I am wondering what you are using for power? How you keep the TV from sliding around on the bracket (does it have a Lock)? Also, can you provide more in depth picks of what it the mounting looks like in the head. I appreciate all you help on this! Mike
He shows a pick earlier. He drilled a hole in the head and used a wire gland. The power cable goes into the bulkhead and comes out through the wire gland in the head and plugs into the outlet in the head.

Another way to do it is to mount a post construction box in the bulkhead on the settee side. continue the circuit from the head outlet and wire to the new outlet on the settee side. Then plug the tv into the outlet on the settee side.

This prevents consuming an outlet in the head with a plug for the tv at the settee.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:10 PM   #14
Lieutenant

That makes sense. Then just run wires from head outlet. That would be a short run that wouldn't be to hard to snake. I still need to learn more about inverter installs though for the TV and so I can occasionally run the microwave and and my keurig for a couple gups of coffee in the morning.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #15

Inverter installs are not hard. The key is to size the wiring for the load. You'll need to either have cables made, or buy a cable lug crimper. Cable is sized based on load and the longth of the total round trip of the circuit.

You're really running two circuits. A DC circuit from the house battery to the inverter and a AC circuit from the inverter to you AC devices.

Closed Thread