Old 07-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Standard Horizon D41BD inset Depth Sounder settings

Hi,
Installed in my 2000 maxum is the Standard Horizon D41BD square display dash type depth sounder with setting adjustments, by switch, on the dash. It appears to work ok, but the instruction manual states that the display will show HOF and SOF and also can adjust the transducer setting tdr.
I can set all functions including the keel and surface offset values ie -1.5 feet etc, but it doesn`t actually show on the display HOF and SOF,as per written in the manual.It just jumps to the depth values.There are no transducer settings (tdr)either even though it says so in the book.
I contacted Standard Horizon, who forwarded all manuals, of which one early 1991 appears to not have HOF and SOF (Hull/surface offset adj)also, but mine is at least a 1999 model, because it displays the SAL and DAL (Shallow / Deep )abreviations on screen.
I wonder if they just use the same instruction manual for several models even though they have different features?.

I would be grateful if anyone with a 1999 / 2000 D41BD sounder could check there`s and let me know if the manual has been written correctly and the display on this model actually shows H O F and S O F, before changing to the offset depths.Also if it displays tdr (transducer settings).

Many thanks , Tony United Kingdom.

Tony Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Ensign

The matter has been resolved.Turns out the echo sounder is model D40BD. Wrong manual came with boat.
Tony Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote