Old 04-26-2007, 02:43 AM   #1
Admiral

Default Sattv Dish

I was on another boating site and someone posted what they found portable sat dish that is a phased array sattv dish...
I have sat tv on board but I use the actual dish from dish network...I modified the dish mount to sit on the bow rail and run the cable down to the stbd portlite and then to the tv....well...it's a pain to keep stowing the dish...pulling it out and setting it up all the time only to fight finding the satellite.....
this sat dish is as stated a phased array ...new technology...all for 250 bucks...
check it out....

http://www.satcomweb.com/miniplus.pdf

I should get it next week....will report out how it goes after I get it......

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Ensign

Default $250 Thats cheap...

$250 sounds a lot better that what I have been seeing in boat electronics catalogs. I wonder how easy it finds and holds a signal. Please let us know how it works out.

HIGHDESERT2400SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
Admiral

I was going to post on this but have been really busy at work.....so..had a few minutes to get caught up....
1) the guy I ordered it from is an oriental that is awefully hard to understand what the heck he was talking about...seems he works out of a tv repair shop and I guess orders these things from taiwan....I got it last thursday and it was damaged already..the face was cracked...so I immediately called the guy....he's refusing to call me back...I called him every day last week and today....just got his answering machine....no return calls....I tried the unit this weekend and it wouldn't find a sat. to save it's life....I had the old dish right there so I know there's a satellite up in the sky....nope..wouldn't lock on...also...it's built really cheaply and the bag that comes with it looks like a blue light special at kmart...real cheap...the tripod that he sends couldn't have cost more than 15 bucks at kmart also....I was so friggin ticked when I got it and it didn't work....so..I sent it back today...and I called the CC company to cancel the order...(that's how I found out he works at a tv shop in poway calif.)......I think in good concience...I can't recommend this thing.....it's a real POS....and the guy down there is not honest.....so far......don't waste your money...save it for one of those units that work!!.....sorry for the delay...
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote