Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Running a wired remote to swim platform

I have a 2400 SCR has anyone done this on their boat from the CD player and if so can you tell me the route you took and how difficult it was? this will decide if i go with the cheaper wired route or pricier wireless route. Thanks in advance.

Nauti Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
tzw
Ensign

Your just going to have to get creative. What will probably help the most is using something like a coat hanger to go from one access hole to another, once you get the coat hanger fished through over lap the the wire and the coat hanger by a few inches, wrap with electrical tape then pull the wire through.

Also not that you asked but I will be upgrading soon myself and using a Fusion 700 series head unit and some wired remotes. You also have the option of hooking up a wireless router to the head unit and using an app on your smart phone to control the stereo.

tzw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Depending on your year of the 2400 SCR. I was able to run the wires back from the radio on the port side. Using the access hatch in the mid cabin and removing the speaker and drilling a hole in the bulkhead behind the speaker. You are the in the engine compartment, free to place anywhere. Make sure to seal up the hole in the bulkhead. I used the expanding foam stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
tjwieseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Admiral

use 4200 silicone sealant for sealing wires thru bkhds......that expanding foam will absorb water and cause mold......

just a suggestion..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #5
Lt. Commander

I never thought of that, thanks for the suggestion. I will have to open the access panel up and check for any mold. Luckily here in the midwest I don't think we have the same humidity and moisture problems that you do in the Northwest, but I will still keep an eye on it. I was just more worried about the CO getting into the cabin.
tjwieseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #6
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwieseler View Post
I never thought of that, thanks for the suggestion. I will have to open the access panel up and check for any mold. Luckily here in the midwest I don't think we have the same humidity and moisture problems that you do in the Northwest, but I will still keep an eye on it. I was just more worried about the CO getting into the cabin.
that's why we use 4200.....expandable foam will allow fumes thru the hole....granted it's a small hole.....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Lt. JG

I drilled through the back of the bulkhead on the insde port side of the hatch. I really don't want to use anything to close up the whole anytime soon because i don't want to drill another hole if i ever am running more wires down that side. I got the wire ran and have put the remote on the starboard side of the back near the top. was able to take the vent plate off where the blower comes out and bolt it there. did suck having to drill a hole about 2.5x3 to be able to recess the remote but it looks fantastic and can just walk up and turn the radio on without taking the cover off. thanks for all the advice

Nauti Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote