Old 09-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
tzw
Ensign

Default Remote stereo control.....wired or wireless?

My search didn't turn up much,

Have any of you added remote stereo control? did you go wired or wireless?

I've got an 01 2500 scr, This winter i would like to add stereo control to the console and the swim platform.

What have you guys got and would you install the same system again?

tzw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Does your existing stereo head unit actually support a wired or wireless remote?

I know mine does not. If yours doesn't you'll have to replace that too.

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Commander

Wireless sounds really cool..... but I have a hard time keeping my cell phone dry. and where is that Remote, it was right there next to my Bud Lite, Oh wait one of the Girls got it and she said she put it on "that thingy....) (what ever that is....Gezzzzz) I know some of you have heard that before...Hahahaha.

Todd
9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Ball View Post
....... and where is that Remote, it was right there next to my Bud Lite, Oh wait one of the Girls got it and she said she put it on "that thingy....) (what ever that is....Gezzzzz) I know some of you have heard that before...Hahahaha.

Todd
Hmm, now I have to wonder what my wife is doing hanging out on your boat. Even better......when the 'thingy' she swears she put it on, turns out to be "Oh, I guess it was actually in the whatchacallit. I was going to put it on the thingy, but then decided the whatchamacallit was a better spot". Of course, this is after I;ve been accussed of not looking for it! Which is followed by me looking at a spare anchor and some line, looking at her, then back at the spare anchor and line...............<shrug> not worth it...............where the heck did I leave my budlight. Noworries I'll grab a fresh one while I'm looking for my half empty one. How do I keep loosing stuff in a 28 x 10 foot space? I'd better grab a budlight and think about this for a little while. have you seen the cooler??
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:10 AM   #5
tzw
Ensign

I guess I need to be more specific.

The stock head unit in the cabin does not support a remote control, so yea, the head unit will need to be replaced.

I'm refering to a remotely mounted controller, one or multiple controller(s) is permanently attached to a specific location(s) such as the console or swim platform or anywhere else you would want to control the stereo from without having to keep track of a regular remote control.

example: http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/mc20

several manufactures make a system like this, I just wondered if anybody as purchased one and if you were happy with its performance?
tzw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

The wireless remote that came with my JVC unit is an IR (InfraRed) unit, requiring it to be pointed at the stereo like most home TV remotes. Works lousy, and is so tiny I'm surprised I haven't lost it yet. So any permanent-mounted remote you find would have to be powerful enough to transmit through multiple fiberglass bulkheads, a task most RF units won't do. So I'd choose wired if I was doing it, but good luck running all the wires!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
Commander

I went with the Fusion stereo and two wired remotes. Still am very happy with its performance.

http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...ghlight=fusion

dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote