Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default No power to Vacu Flush

Suddenly my Vacu flush is dead. Fuse was good. Tested wiring to switch and there wasn't any power so it seems that the switch and Jabsco motor isn't the problem. Any ideas?

Capt Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #2

I'd start with the head (electrical portion of the head) and work my way back. You should have power coming into the switch. Keep going up stream. I like to validate by temporarily bypassing the existing infrastructure, such taking a 12V battery and jumping it directly to the leads on the pump, for example. If it works, jump it to the switch. If you've verified it is a power supply issue, start working backwards.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Admiral

Hey Al, not to jack your thread but where is your switch located? Everyone keeps telling me I should have a switch for my VacuFlush but I can't find it anywhere. It powers up when I turn on the main battery switch.

Thanks!
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Shrew- sounds right, I"ll test the motor first with an alternative power source than I'll test the wiring all the way back to the tank. Phillbo- You should have a switch. My switch is located underneath the sink (to the right). Of course I discovered my toilet problem after my daughter pooped it it on a overnight trip. Nice timing....
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Admiral

They must have forgot mine at the factory, the only switch in the head is the light switch. Thanks!
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #6

Forgot to mention, have you been able to verify this is not simply a blown fuse?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Ensign

I have been working on mine a bunch lately because I have been having problems as well. When you say fuse is ok, are you looking at the boat fuse panel? There is an inline fuse on one of the wires to mine, about a foot down from where it meets the pump. Make sure that one is good as well as any fuse that may be in the panel on yours.

Phillbo - I do not have a switch on my 2001 30000scr either.
Chesapeake Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #8
Lt. Commander

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away. Yes there was another fuse besides the one underneath the console, it's in the bilge area near the charger. The fuse was bad and when swapped out it did power the unit but the real cause was a leak in the pump. I called Jabsco and found out that generally the pump parts need to be replaced every 3,4 yrs. My Jabsco toilet is 10 years old so hopefully the rebuild kit I just ordered will do the trick. The kit looks very similar to the impeller kit I purchased for my Aplha 1 drive. More boating fun when the flush returns...