Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Maxum 3500sy Lighting

I have a 2005 Maxum 3500sy and have a light in my head that needs to be replaced. The part number in my manual is 1719192. Does anyone know how to find these lights or cross reference the part number so I can find it somewhere? Thanks!!

dock holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #2

Hi dock.

I believe that Part # 1719192, corresponds to #23 on this parts reference:

http://www.maxumcustomercare.com/par...hts/lights.htm

That should be a light manufactured by Swego. It looks like the same that is in mine (1997, I guess they used them a lot). If the bulb has two metal prongs on it, it's a G4 bulb. You should be able to get those just about anywhere. Try you local home goods store. Or, get the LED replacements and cut amp. useage from 1.0 amp hours (.083amps for a 10w bulb) down to .01 amp hours.

Here's the Swego link for LED bulb replacements. They are pricey, but these are very warm. It is very difficult to tell the difference. I installed with regular right next to the LED and aside from being slightly brighter (which was actually better), they look like incandescents as far as warmth goes.

http://www.swego.com/store/pc/viewPr...&idproduct=332

Good Luck.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi Shrew, #23 is it!! I did try buying a new buld and that didn't work and just to make sure I took a bulb out of one of the other fixtures that was working and put it in and it still didn't work. I havent taken the fixture out yet to see if there is a wiring issue, but there is certainly something wrong with it. Looking at the website a new fixture is about $25 plus shipping. Once I get the boat inside for the winter I'll take it apart and make sure it just didn't become disconnected. It's my first year with this boat and I'm slowly fixing all the things the previous owner neglected, I'm a bit of a fanatic about maintaining my boats!! Thanks for all the help, this website is a great resource and has great members like you to help novices like me. Thanks again, I'm learning and love my boat!!
dock holiday is offline   Reply With Quote