Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-20-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Lights

I want to add lights on deck. The lights that the boat comes with are very dim and doesnt give enough light for when out at night.

Any ideas where to put the lights and what type of light..

I also want to add a really strong spot in the front of the boat, I would like it with the remote at the helm so i can move the light in all directions from where I drive.

Again, any ideas where to mount it and what kind of light would work best. This is the one I was looking at. http://www.anchorexpress.com/1946.html

This is for the 2300SC

MaxumNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:57 AM   #2
Admiral

Default lights

I just added an led light to my swim step..I have another one to add on the stbd side......I spliced into some existing deck lights in the salon....they are really good as long as you get the ones with multiple led's in each assembly....if you get the ones with only one bulb..it will be rather dim....they also don't hardly draw current...I mean like hardly anything so you can run them for days ........plus they last forever....
now some people put those remote lights on the bow..bolt a plate to the bow rails and then mount the light to it..run wires down into the chain locker and route aft to the helm switch marked auxilary....that could pwr the light...some make it so they can remove it and stow it away when docked.....but something to think about is that they will blow your nite vision something aweful if you turn it to where you can see the bulb....or beam....be careful with that.......good luck with the install.......

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
Lieutenant

I think im gonna wait to do the light install till next season, a couple weeks before I put the boat back in the water I will add the lights, get a new gps, fishfinder, trip tabs and I would love to add a new motorized anchor system.
MaxumNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote