Old 03-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Commander

Default 94 2400SCR Shore Power

Has anyone ever hooked up Shore Power(30Amp) to their house?

There is an adapter available at the RV store that will drop down the Plug from the 30Amp to a standard House plug 15amps. I know I will have to monitor how many amp's I am pulling so as to not trip a CB, but it would be nice to run the refrigerator and battery charger.

A friend bought a Pop-up camper and when we picked it up the service manager said with a adapter we could hook up the Shore power 30 AMP to our house. Then we can make sure the Battery is charged and run the refrigerator to get it nice and cold before we leave.

Todd

9Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
Commander

I have a 2400scr and have it hooked in all winter to my house power.I do it every winter and no problems .

cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Commander

To charge the batteries, does the battery switch need to be on? when on shore power?

Todd
Old 03-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Ball View Post
To charge the batteries, does the battery switch need to be on? when on shore power?

Todd

From what I understand :

When charging the batteries the switch should be on one or two , NOT both .

Electricity follows the path of least resistance , so the best idea is to charge each battery separately .

By placing your selector on one or two , forces each battery to be charged and not neglected .
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Admiral

I charge mine in the off position. Your charger and switch should be independent of each other.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Admiral

Look at it this way......electricity coming in from a power source to charge your batteries ....your battery charger circut breaker needs to be turned on and that is it for you to charge your batteries. That electricity can come from your house ac source or shore power source.

The position of the isolaters has nothing to do with charging your batteries. Your battery charger has positive and negative leads that go directly to the batteries.

Now for any of your boats 12 volts acc to work your isolater need to be either on 1,2 or both. This is the on/off switch for outgoing 12v electricity from your battery to get your boat acc.

Hope this helps

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
Commander

I charge all the battery then unhook them for the winter in the spring they have a near full charge .I use 2 T 105 golf cart battery and 1 starting battery
cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #8

In regards to charging batteries, I've seen people connect the battery charger leads to the posts on the battery switch. To me, this only serves if you have a single bank battery charger and mutiple batteries, as this would allow you to direct the charger to the battery of your choice through the battery switch. I have a multi-bank battery charger and connect the leads from the charger directly to the posts on each battery. This allows me to charge the batteries even if the battery switch is set to OFF.

As far as plugging a 30Amp connection into a 15amp Cricuit, that is fine. The boat has the capability of pulling 30a, however it will only pull as much as it needs. If the boat draws too much, the 15a circuit breaker in the house panel will flip first. I plug mine in to a 15a circuit in the boat yard all the time. Just consider what you're trying to run. Anything with a pump is going to have a high draw. Anything with a heating element will be even higher. So, try to avoid running an electric space heater, while cooking lunch on the electric stove with the water heater on, while you're running a couple of buffers and your wife is blow drying her hair.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
Commander

Click image for larger version

Name:	2400 SCR Harness.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	2680

Found this today. Looks like the Battery Charger is wired directly to the Battery.

Todd
Old 03-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #10
Commander

This weekend I am going to verify the wires going from the battery charger to the batteries is wired correctly. Gotta find my multimeter first or hit up Radio Shack for new 1..lol

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2